One Star

problems with retrieving *.dbf schemas

i have some *.dbf files(sybase table files) in my local folder, i use advantage database architect 8.1 to manage them,now i want to migrate these table data to sql server.
i am trying to use talend to do this.
first,i tried create Db connections by selecting Sybase(ASE and IQ) as DB Type,but can't configure correctly.
now i want to use General ODBC type, i create a odbc datasource in control panel( my os is windows 7) using 'driver to microsoft dBase(*.dbf)' driver,then i can successfully created connection in talend, but i got problems still,
some of the tables i can retrieve schema,but some table can't, the creation status is success,but column number is 0.
i have installed advantage odbc driver 10, but when i use advantage streamline odbc sql to create datasource, talend create connection is no problem,but can't read tables to schema repository, the name column has no names

can any one help?
5 REPLIES
One Star

Re: problems with retrieving *.dbf schemas

Hi
This 5606 may help you.
But we haven't tested it to read a Sybase dbf file.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

how to paste img? i
One Star

Hi
Click on 'Post reply' as the following image.
Please notice limits: 20 images per post, each image must be less then 1024x768 pixels and 200 KB.
Usually people will connect to Sybase DB server instead of extracting data from dbf.

Regards,
Pedro
One Star

i use advantage database architect create a datadictionary and create some tables stored in my local folder.
then i create odbc datasource(why i use odbc datasource is because i can't create connection in talend use sybase database server), create connection passed,but can't retrieve schema.
One Star

seems nobody have such experience?