problems with "if this component has output, there must be an input"

One Star

problems with "if this component has output, there must be an input"

Hello,
I can't login this forum and post any screenshot. Thats why I try to explain my problem with the message I get in my job:
"if this component has output, there must be an input link to propagate the data"
I have a tJava component tJava1, that has an "onComponentOk" trigger to a tFileInputXML and a "if" trigger to another tJava component tJava2.
My tJava2 hat a main output row to a tLogRow component.
I've got such scenarios on several points in my jobs and it works without problems.
But at one point, my tJava2 throws the message
"if this component has output, there must be an input link to propagate the data"
and I can't get it done to avoid this error message.
If I run my job and continue it after the message pops up, the jobs runs very well as it should.
Someone can tell me please, how to get rid of that
message, please?
Thank you very much.

Re: problems with "if this component has output, there must be an input"

Don't know why you see it some places and not others, sounds like the other places have data flow coming in.
Sometimes you have to make a "dummy" row by using tFixedFlowInput - you can tell it to just create one row, create a schema with a single column, and hook your tJava up to that. Then your "if" will have to connect to tFixedFlowInput, which in turn connects to your tJava component.
Levin