One Star

problem with tOracleRow

I'm having problem with tOracleRow.
Here's my design:
tOracleRow - row(Main) - tLogRow
in tOracleRow Query I put "select First_Name, Last_Name from Employees"
The query can be executed but I couldn't run the job.
It popped the error message as "First_Name cannot be resolved or is not a field" and "Last_Name cannot be resolved or is not a field"
Could anyone give some clue about it? Thanks!
6 REPLIES
Employee

Re: problem with tOracleRow

Hi,
Could you make a screenshot of the properties of your tOracleRow component? For me it looks like you didn't put the Double Quotes around the query.
One Star

I was thinking the same. This error message will show up when there's no quote. But actually I did put the quote around the query. That's weird for me...
Employee

This is very weird. Can you try to use a tOracleInput instead, put exactly the same information, and see if you still have the same issue?
One Star

Thanks for quick reply!
I also tried tOracleInput. There's no problem with using that.
But tOracleInput cannot be connected to tOracleOutput via Runif. I'd like to verify if the data is in db or not and then if not insert into the db.
so if I could make the following work:
tOracleInput - Runif - tOracleOutput and in runif set like this ((Integer)globalMap.get("tOracleInput_1_NB_LINE"))==0
But it's not allowed to do that.
So I was thinking to use tOracleRow which has row(main) and reject. But it popped up that error message. I especially pay attention to the quote. So that's not the problem.
Then if you could give me some suggestions about the scenario described above that would be good.
Thanks!
Community Manager

Hi
tOracleRow can't be used to execute a select query, it always return 0 row to next component, you have to use the tOracleInput component for 'select' query. To use the 'runIf' link, you can add tHashOuput component used to cache the records into memory for later use, for example:
tOracleInput--main--tHashOutput--runIf---tHashInput---main--tOracleOutput
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hello. I have a question related to this.
In the tOracleRow component, in the Advanced tab, there is an option to "Propagate QUERY's recordset." Could this be used somehow to pass a query's output to a component like tLogRow?