problem with sqoop into cloudera

One Star

problem with sqoop into cloudera

I am not able to use talend community edition(version 6.1.20xxx) to import mysql table to hive table in cloudera (54).attached is component screen shot and error screen shot
I have 3 components: 1) sqoop library load 2) MySQL library load 3) sqoop
please let me know what I did wrong.
separately, do I need to install sqoop and hadoop on the box where talend is installed?

Re: problem with sqoop into cloudera

Hi,

Can you upload again the screenshots you wanted to show, please? For some reason it didn't make it to your post.

Best regards
Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi, Sabrina, there are something wrong with the upload applet in the forum, I tried both IE and chrome, and I am not able to see the 2 gray bordered box as depicted in your instruction. I have upload them in the dropbox shared.
link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y74mbeczkeh42qu/error_msg.png?dl=0
link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lf33jkfhi0in1wv/sqoop.png?dl=0
only in firebox, I can see the 2 gray box
Starting job hive at 10:48 23/11/2015.
connecting to socket on port 3346
connected
: org.apache.hadoop.util.NativeCodeLoader - Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
: org.apache.sqoop.ConnFactory - $SQOOP_CONF_DIR has not been set in the environment. Cannot check for additional configuration.
Note: /tmp/sqoop-root/compile/70981af7c84953fa16b5ce744f241a69/agent_type.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
: org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.JobBase - SQOOP_HOME is unset. May not be able to find all job dependencies.
: org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient - DataStreamer Exception
java.nio.channels.UnresolvedAddressException
    at sun.nio.ch.Net.checkAddress(Net.java:101)
    at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.connect(SocketChannelImpl.java:622)
    at org.apache.hadoop.net.SocketIOWithTimeout.connect(SocketIOWithTimeout.java:192)
    at org.apache.hadoop.net.NetUtils.connect(NetUtils.java:530)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream.createSocketForPipeline(DFSOutputStream.java:1622)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.createBlockOutputStream(DFSOutputStream.java:1420)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.nextBlockOutputStream(DFSOutputStream.java:1373)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.run(DFSOutputStream.java:600)
: org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation - PriviledgedActionException as:hdfs (authSmiley FrustratedIMPLE) cause:java.io.IOException: DataStreamer Exception:
: org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool - Encountered IOException running import job: java.io.IOException: DataStreamer Exception:
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.run(DFSOutputStream.java:708)
Caused by: java.nio.channels.UnresolvedAddressException
    at sun.nio.ch.Net.checkAddress(Net.java:101)
    at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.connect(SocketChannelImpl.java:622)
    at org.apache.hadoop.net.SocketIOWithTimeout.connect(SocketIOWithTimeout.java:192)
    at org.apache.hadoop.net.NetUtils.connect(NetUtils.java:530)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream.createSocketForPipeline(DFSOutputStream.java:1622)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.createBlockOutputStream(DFSOutputStream.java:1420)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.nextBlockOutputStream(DFSOutputStream.java:1373)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.run(DFSOutputStream.java:600)
Exception in component tSqoopImport_1
java.lang.Exception: The Sqoop import job has failed. Please check the logs.
    at poc.hive_0_1.hive.tSqoopImport_1Process(hive.java:632)
    at poc.hive_0_1.hive.tLibraryLoad_2Process(hive.java:485)
    at poc.hive_0_1.hive.tLibraryLoad_1Process(hive.java:387)
    at poc.hive_0_1.hive.runJobInTOS(hive.java:906)
    at poc.hive_0_1.hive.main(hive.java:763)
One Star

struggle with same issue. please share the solution if you have
One Star

Please share the solution of the "org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool - Encountered IOException running import job: java.io.IOException: DataStreamer Exception" issue.
Employee

post your screen shot.If you are having same issue as "david" then looking at the screen shot the jdbc driver jar and class name are missing.
One Star

Hi Amula,
I am facing the below error. Importing data from Mysql (version 5) to CDH5.8 Sandbox.  Please advice what are the Jars and Class Name should i use for my job. I have Java version 1.8.0 in both Hadoop and TALEND
Job : tLibrarayLoad  --> tSqoopImport
: org.apache.hadoop.util.NativeCodeLoader - Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
: org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell - Failed to locate the winutils binary in the hadoop binary path
java.io.IOException: Could not locate executable null\bin\winutils.exe in the Hadoop binaries.
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.getQualifiedBinPath(Shell.java:381)
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.getWinUtilsPath(Shell.java:396)
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.<clinit>(Shell.java:389)
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.StringUtils.<clinit>(StringUtils.java:79)
    at org.apache.hadoop.security.Groups.parseStaticMapping(Groups.java:130)
    at org.apache.hadoop.security.Groups.<init>(Groups.java:94)
    at org.apache.hadoop.security.Groups.<init>(Groups.java:74)
    at org.apache.hadoop.security.Groups.getUserToGroupsMappingService(Groups.java:303)
    at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.initialize(UserGroupInformation.java:283)
    at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.ensureInitialized(UserGroupInformation.java:260)
    at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.loginUserFromSubject(UserGroupInformation.java:790)
    at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.getLoginUser(UserGroupInformation.java:760)
    at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.getCurrentUser(UserGroupInformation.java:633)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache$Key.<init>(FileSystem.java:2859)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache$Key.<init>(FileSystem.java:2851)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.get(FileSystem.java:2714)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.get(FileSystem.java:382)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.get(FileSystem.java:181)
    at ajay_talend.poc_1_0_1.poc_1.tSqoopImport_1Process(poc_1.java:483)
    at ajay_talend.poc_1_0_1.poc_1.tLibraryLoad_1Process(poc_1.java:370)
    at ajay_talend.poc_1_0_1.poc_1.runJobInTOS(poc_1.java:801)
    at ajay_talend.poc_1_0_1.poc_1.main(poc_1.java:658)
: org.apache.sqoop.ConnFactory - $SQOOP_CONF_DIR has not been set in the environment. Cannot check for additional configuration.
Note: \tmp\sqoop-Aj\compile\f0f413757a34cc91cf81734f4d7d39b8\table1.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
: org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.JobBase - SQOOP_HOME is unset. May not be able to find all job dependencies.
: org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.db.TextSplitter - Generating splits for a textual index column.
: org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.db.TextSplitter - If your database sorts in a case-insensitive order, this may result in a partial import or duplicate records.
: org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.db.TextSplitter - You are strongly encouraged to choose an integral split column.
: org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool - Encountered IOException running import job: java.io.IOException: Job status not available
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.updateStatus(Job.java:334)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.isComplete(Job.java:621)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.monitorAndPrintJob(Job.java:1366)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.waitForCompletion(Job.java:1328)
    at org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.ImportJobBase.doSubmitJob(ImportJobBase.java:203)
    at org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.ImportJobBase.runJob(ImportJobBase.java:176)
    at org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.ImportJobBase.runImport(ImportJobBase.java:273)
    at org.apache.sqoop.manager.DirectMySQLManager.importTable(DirectMySQLManager.java:92)
    at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.importTable(ImportTool.java:507)
    at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.run(ImportTool.java:615)
    at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.run(Sqoop.java:143)
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:70)
    at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runSqoop(Sqoop.java:179)
    at ajay_talend.poc_1_0_1.poc_1.tSqoopImport_1Process(poc_1.java:523)
Exception in component tSqoopImport_1
java.lang.Exception: The Sqoop import job has failed. Please check the logs.
    at ajay_talend.poc_1_0_1.poc_1.tSqoopImport_1Process(poc_1.java:527)