One Star

passing multiple queries to tOracleRow

Hi,
I want to iterate through 40+ SELECT statements currently held in an Excel spreadsheet..pass them to an OracleRow ....and output the results to another excel spreadsheet. Appending the results of each SQL statement to the end.
I currently have a job with a tFileInputExcel and tOracleRow component. I want to pass each SQL statement (held in one column in one sheet) into the query of the tOracleRow.
Any guidance would be great. I think I need a parameter / variable just cant see how to set it all up.

Regards,
Michelle
3 REPLIES

Re: passing multiple queries to tOracleRow

Hi,
For your use case, you use TalendHelpCenter:tContextLoad component to achieve that.
To make it clear, I have designed a demo job for you.
The workflow should be: tfixedflow(tfileinputxxx)-->tcontextload-->oncomponentOk-->tMysqlinput-->tfileoutputxxx
Please see my screenshots for details

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

How about this?
See the screenshots... The tJava is just a way to expose the row so you can use it in tOracle... And the schema of the Excel Spreadsheet is a single column named 'SQLScript' which holds the text of the SQL query from every row in the spreadsheet.

Hi,
Is there any update for your topic? Is the solution satisfying your needs?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.