I have a strange behavior in TOS. My flow is vey simple:
- Few input delimited files
- One tMap which joins them
- One output delimited file
In tMap is defined correct column order:
In link between tMap and output file is correct column order:
However when I look to output file column order I get:
I have tried already:
- deleting output file and creating it one more time
- change column order in the output file by editing Built-In schema (using those positional arrows)
- remove colX from output schema and manully selecting it via -> arrow while editin Built-In schema
- export built-in schema into XML, change order of columns and import back
- remove all columns while editing Built-In schema. After I pressed "Sync columns" button, I still get wrong column order; colX is still at the beggining.
It seems like nothing helps. How can I get colX at the end of the header for output file?
What do you mean by "I don't think it's possible to have that."? You mean that you can't have proper column order in the built-in schema? How do you then solve the situation when you are exchanging data with somebody (he is reading your output) and suddenly you need to add new field to this output. It should not change the existing file structure in my opinion in a way that old columns will be on different positions.
@pepco, I can confirm it is a bug on version 7.2.1, I have open a jira issue.
If you have the same issue, please go to the jira issue, add your comments and monitor the issue.
Here exists a related jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-23809
I was having the same issue. I attempted the same steps as you. I finally saved the file. Closed it, then reopened. The columns were in the right order. Not sure if this helps in your situation.
Talend named a Leader.
Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.
Watch the recorded webinar!
Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables
Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema
Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables