org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorException: child job not found

org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorException: child job not found

hello,
this is a proper BUG!
there are entries on the JIRA about similar/same problem but nothing seems to have been done about yet.
could somebody from Talend please look into this?
i am trying to export a job that is composed of some child jobs run through tRunJob, but the parent job is throwing this error message.
org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorException: tRunJob not setup or child job not found in the job:SalesforceXXX
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateNodeInfo(ProcessorUtilities.java:720)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateCode(ProcessorUtilities.java:626)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateCode(ProcessorUtilities.java:910)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateCode(ProcessorUtilities.java:894)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.scriptsmanager.JobScriptsManager.generateJobFiles(JobScriptsManager.java:599)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.scriptsmanager.JobScriptsManager.generateJobFiles(JobScriptsManager.java:592)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.scriptsmanager.JobJavaScriptsManager.getExportResources(JobJavaScriptsManager.java:631)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.action.JobExportAction.exportJobScript(JobExportAction.java:199)

some of the Bug entries that i have found:
https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-6350
https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-27224
and this one is the same error that i am facing:
https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-6350
the version of our Studio:
Talend Enterprise Data Integration,
Version: 5.2.1
Build id: r95165

this is an ENTERPRISE version of Talend.
is there anything that i could do to have this resolved today please?
thanks,

Re: org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorException: child job not found

so it turns out to be a MASSIVE mess with the SVN.
aka: a BUG.

our Talend DI project => projA
uses a reference project => refZ
and i have 2 users setup in TAC:
nicolas@biza.com (access all projects - but not the REFERENCE refz)
nicolas.reference@biza.com (only accesses REFERENCE refz - and no other project)
the above setup of users was created specifically to avoid problems with users UNKNOWINGLY changing reference jobs used that would be used in multiple projects.
while verifying the state of our SVN directly (third-part tool) i find that the version of a job in the REFERENCE refz project has a greater version number then that used in projA (and many other projects as well).
it seems that when up-version the jobs in projA to 2.5 (using the user that does not have r/w access to REFERENCE refz); the jobs in the REFERENCE project had their version also changed.
i believe this issue has been raised by a colleague with the support portal.
could anyone from Talend Support pickup this issue and provide us with ANY solution PLEASE?

thanks,

so to clarify:
the SVN has the jobs in the expected version of 0.6
in under the refz
but Talend Studio shows then with version 2.5 in projA
and SVN for that project actually shows 0.6
when i try to see previous versions from the Studio, it shows all versions from 0.1 to 0.5 and then 2.5
my educated guess here..
Talend Studio has up-version from 0.6 to 2.5 in the file talend.project
and then failed to update SVN
am i right?
thanks,

maybe this will help others resolve this issue as well..
as we are running a DIY type of support here ..
as I have questioned and anwsered before any support arrives.
in the REFERENCE project, i have edited the file under the 'process' folder:
<myjob_name>_<version>.properties
where (in this case):
<myjob_name> -> jobAlpha
<version> -> 0.6

giving a filename of: jobAlpha_0.6.properties
there is the entry for:
<TalendPropertiesSmiley Tongueroperty

and you have to edit the value of version (to what you have on the filename) - in this case;
to: version="0.6"
and reloaded the projA.
it should now find the correct version of the job in the REFERENCE project.
with regards,
Nicolas

Hi, nicolasdiogo
Thanks for your sharing. Does the error "child job not found" repro again for your current job after you edit job version in SVN?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

everything is working fine now that i have edited the <jobname>.properties file
it is a major problem for us.
when we complete development of a requirement; we try to up-version the jobs in the project and having the studio up-versioning job in the reference project is a problem.
it is particularly worrying to think that our BAU logins do not have rights to edit the REFERENCE project.
so the question is:
how can a user without rights over a project be able to edit jobs for that project (REFERENCE in this case)?
if you would like further clarification, please do let me know.
additionally, would you like me to open a JIRA for this issue?
thanks,

Hi,
A jira issue will be preferred, thanks for your contribution.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

done
https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-28310
let's see how long until we have this resolved.
Community Manager

Hi Nicolas
There is no SLA on JIRA except if the JIRA is open by the Support team following a ticket.
What company is your colleague who, you think, has open the ticket in the support system?
Are you sure there is a ticket open about this?
We don't ignore customer and enterprise issues, but the right way to go is to open a ticket to the Support. There is a first check of the issues and exchange about it. And if needed a JIRA will be open.
If you can provide us with the Support ticket reference or at least the name of your customer that did it, we may be able to link your JIRA to it.
Cheers
Elisa

hello Elisa,

Nice to encounter you again.
the ticket is:
TicketID=22283