org.talend cannot be resolved to a type.

Five Stars

org.talend cannot be resolved to a type.

Hi, 

I am facing an issue where overnight, my Talend jobs have started giving me a host of compilation errors like Looks like something went missing and I am unable to figure out what. Any help is appreciated.

Here is a simple job example.

Error: org.talend cannot be resolved to a type

p1.png

Error: p2.png

p3.png

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: org.talend cannot be resolved to a type. [resolved]

On Further Inspection of the workspace, I found that jar files were missing from the \.Java\lib\ folder for the workspace. There might be other things that may have been accidentally deleted. So in short, a new workspace helped

All Replies

Re: org.talend cannot be resolved to a type.

Hello,

It is probably caused by incomplete installation.

With your open studio, could you please try to start again by a new installation and import your previous project to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

A reinstallation was not required. The problem was with the workspace. I created a new workspace and imported my projects from a backup copy that I had (not from the previous workspace) and that seems to have fixed the issue

Tags (1)
Five Stars

On Further Inspection of the workspace, I found that jar files were missing from the \.Java\lib\ folder for the workspace. There might be other things that may have been accidentally deleted. So in short, a new workspace helped

Hello,

Great it is fixed. Thanks for sharing your solution with us.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.