oracle sequence and tMap

One Star

oracle sequence and tMap

Hello,
i am trying to use an oracle sequence for my inserts.
I take data from one table and i export the data in several tables.
I have seen a solution which consist in modifying a tOracleOutput but my problem is that i need to keep 2 of the ids in order to insert them in the other tables.
Is it possible to get 2 id (sequence.nextval) by putting them in entry of the Tmap before exploding the data ?
I have tryed to use a tOracleRow with an hand writed request but i think that it doesn't return anything
One Star

Re: oracle sequence and tMap

Hi,
Are you compelled to use your oracle sequence ?
I've already faced this problem et I've solved it using a tRowGenerator generating number in sequence from X+1 to X+1+ tOracleInput.Rowcount, where X was read from a "log file" where I stored the last used number in my previous execution.
Regards,
André
One Star

for now the use of the sequence is compelled yes. there is only one sequence generating ids for the whole application. I don't think they ll turn of the application during the import.
One Star

So, retrieving the number of key you'll have to generate from your input (let's call it NbrRow), you should do a query as follow:
Select sequence.nextval
from dual
connect by level <= NbrRow
it will retrieve "NbrRow" nextval values.
Regards,
André
P.S. : connect by level hierachical instruction available from oracle 9 and higher, maybe 8 but not sure.