newbie question

Five Stars

newbie question

Still trying to learn and have an issue with the following scenario

Read 2 separate xls data files that have the exact same data fields with the exception of release date/year

Position, Title, IMDb_Rating, Year, Genres, Num_Votes, Release_Date, Directors

To do this manually I would join the 2 sets of data on one spreadsheet and then filter/sort the data as needed

When using talend and trying tmap or tjoin the output file contains too much data (ie duplicate columns .. tmap) or will not let me use the same column names again (tjoin)

This is not a production environment and is just me trying to learn how to address user case issues logically. I assume that creating these processes requires a systematic approach to get the proper results.

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated for this newbie Smiley Happy

Tom

As a side note the edureka you tube videos are great 

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: newbie question

Hi,

tFilelist component processes the files one by one(Same pattern), have a look on help description for this component.

https://help.talend.com/reader/mjoDghHoMPI0yuyZ83a13Q/VckAFxyC4mToZdOPDrZd8A

please provide more details what you are trying to archive?

Regards,

All Replies

Hello,

Do you want to valid xls data files?

Could you please elaborate your case with an example with input and expected output values?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

xdshi

The request is for learning how to use tjoin or tmap to join two existing files and then be able to sort the combined data. I am trying to learn talend for a new job and looking for any help.

The issue is how to join separate xls files into one file to make it sortable. When I try using tmap it works but not very easily

Tom

Five Stars

Sabrina

Went back over one of the training videos and looks like i need to use tfilelist to join the two files .. thanx for listening and trying to help this newbie

Tom

Six Stars

Hi,

tFilelist component processes the files one by one(Same pattern), have a look on help description for this component.

https://help.talend.com/reader/mjoDghHoMPI0yuyZ83a13Q/VckAFxyC4mToZdOPDrZd8A

please provide more details what you are trying to archive?

Regards,

Five Stars

tfile worked great .. like I said I am trying to learn as fast as possible for my new job .. thanx everyone

Cloud Free Trial

Try Talend Cloud free for 30 days.

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.