One Star

multiple tAgregateRow and tMap components

Hello everyone,
please go to the topic on this link and give me an answer if u have an idea.
http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1468
Thanks in advance!
Best Regards
Hamma
6 REPLIES
One Star

Re: multiple tAgregateRow and tMap components

Hamma,
Please don't spam the forum with posts like this. I appreciate that you want an answer, but some construe this as rudeness. Michaël has already answered your question, and circular references are not allowed. This restriction is common across most ETL tools.
In any case, I have been able to achieve temporary storage using the tArray/tArrayIn combination, but it will mean splitting your job into two stages, with a "Then Run" link between them. I have attached a screen print that represents your job.
If you have questions about tArray, please review http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=995.
Cheers,
c0utta
One Star

I did exactly what u said but i have this error message:
Starting job update_Fact_Table at 15:36 24/10/2007.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
ThenRunStructarray_tArray_2 cannot be resolved to a type
ThenRunStructarray_tArray_2 cannot be resolved to a type
at caccia_project.update_fact_table.update_Fact_Table.tArrayIn_2Process(update_Fact_Table.java:1474)
at caccia_project.update_fact_table.update_Fact_Table.tArrayIn_1Process(update_Fact_Table.java:688)
at caccia_project.update_fact_table.update_Fact_Table.tOracleInput_2Process(update_Fact_Table.java:4688)
at caccia_project.update_fact_table.update_Fact_Table.runJob(update_Fact_Table.java:7566)
at caccia_project.update_fact_table.update_Fact_Table.main(update_Fact_Table.java:7510)
Job update_Fact_Table ended at 15:37 24/10/2007.

Also i couldn't see the documentation about tArray and tArrayIn in the TOS User Guide
Thanks in advance!
Hamma
One Star

I do my development in Perl, so I can't comment on the Java errors - maybe someone from the Talend team can answer this.
tArray & tArrayIn are not documented as they are hidden components and (probably) not supported yet.
Talend team - Using Perl in 2.2.0GA_r1691 tArrayIn is not working when using a "Then Run", whereas in 2.1.2.r5184 it's working fine. Do you want me to raise as a bug, even though hidden components aren't supported?
Cheers,
c0utta
One Star

Thanks for the replay, I think the solution is to use database staging tables as i already did, i was just checking the flexibility of Talend to handle complex jobs like this, with kettle i succeeded to do it using one transformation (without using staging tables) and as i'm evaluating the both tools i want to do similar scenarios with both that's the reason.
Thanks!
Hamma
Employee

Hello,
Talend and Kettle are two different tools with different compotents, steps and even way of thinking.
Except for very simple transformations, writing the same jobs means that in one of this job is really not optimized.
Regards.
Highlighted
One Star

thanks for the reply