Five Stars

migrating my 1000 mysql tables with BLOB data to Oracle target tables using Talend

Hi Team, We have a scenario , were we need to migrate nearly 1500 tables from Mysql data base to Oracle database some of them are having BLOB data's in that. I don't want to put multiple jobs for this !! Is there any way to get this done in a single job ? with step by step example. Thanks in advance.
  • Data Integration
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES

Re: migrating my 1000 mysql tables with BLOB data to Oracle target tables using Talend

Hello,

With Talend subscription solution, talend provides user with "dynamic schema" feature which allows you to design schema with an unknown column structure (unknown name and number of columns).

Please refer to KB article about:https://help.talend.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=190513179

Best regards

Sabrina

Five Stars

Re: migrating my 1000 mysql tables with BLOB data to Oracle target tables using Talend

Hi Sabrina, Thanks for the response, i have a doubt . Does this dynamic schema feature support a table without a data ? for example i have 100 tables (some of them are not having any data in that ) that need to be migrated in single run to another schema (MSSQL to ORACLE) , but when i execute this feature it is not creating my source table structure in the target schema ?!! Why ?

Hi,

What does your actual result look like? A new oralce table without table structure?

Best regards

Sabrina

Five Stars

Hi Sabrina, I am getting Zero rows from the source itself , when we are fetching data from the source table ( table without data) the Zero rows results are passing , when i check the target schema my Target table is not created. but the same run i am doing with Source table with some data i can able to migrate that process using the dynamic schema feature , my target table is created in the target schema. Is there any way around ? please help. Thanks in advance.