Five Stars

merge files using unix command in tSystem is not working ?

Hi,

I try to merge two csv files line by line using the unix command

paste -d ',' file1.csv file2.csv > file3.csv

But, I always get the error 

paste: >: No such file or directory

But, the files are present in the current directory, when I display the files using "ls -ltr" in another tSystem component, I am able to see the files file1.csv and file2.csv

the file names are derived using tjava component and the command is stored in context variable. and I try to execute the command using tSystem component. 

Anyone help to resolve this issue ?

• Big Data
  • Talend Integration Cloud
3 REPLIES
Eleven Stars

Re: merge files using unix command in tSystem is not working ?

Can you show us your configuration of the tSystem (a screenshot), the configuration of the code were you derive the names (in the tJava?) and a screenshot of the job? There are a number of things that may have gone wrong here and that information should give us enough info to help you fix it....or enough info to know to ask for more :-)

Rilhia Solutions
Five Stars

Even If I hardcode the command then also it is not working

"paste -d ',' out1.csv out2.csv > new.csv"

This is the command I use inside the tSystem component. 

And the files out1.csv and out2.csv are there in the current directory. That I can see when I list the files using "ls -ltr" command.

Five Stars

Hi all,

Found a solution for this one as well. The tSystem component is designed to run the windows commands and not for unix.

We will have use the below string array in order for this to work.

new String[]{"/bin/bash","-c","" +context.merge_command}

The actual unix command to merge the files is present in the context variable context.merge_command. That is "paste -d ',' out1.csv out2.csv > new.csv"