mapping_Postgres.xml

Four Stars

mapping_Postgres.xml

Hi,
I am having issues with extracting data from generic database in TOS 6.1. We have a source system which has Denodo Views, the database is Generic and type is Postgres. I was able to establish DB connection under metadata using JDBC URL. I am also able to retrieve schema under the metadata. But in tJDBCInput when i click guess schema, an error message pops out saying "choose correct mapping file. Note: This is normal with JDBC". So i clicked to choose and choose mapping_Postgres.xml file from the list, but i keep an getting error saying "Unsupported Resultset Type".
Any idea why i am getting this error.
Thanks

Re: mapping_Postgres.xml

Hi,
Did you change the data type mapping between Talend type and Postgres type in mapping_Postgres.xml?
Have you already successfully set up Postgres DB connection in metadata? Can you retrieve table schema from the database connection you have just set up?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi,

No i didn't change anything in mapping_Postgres.xml file, Should i be doing any changes? 

i was able to create connection and retrieve views and tables. The problem arise only when i do guess schema, even though i don't change anything in the query part.

Thanks,
Vivek

Hi,
What does your query look like? Are you able to successfully execute your query in sql builder?
 Can you run a simple query to see if it works?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi,
it is just a default query "select <field names> from <table name>". Once you drag the metadata into the job it gives all the components, there i just dragged and drop tJDBCInput in to the job and after that if i press guess schema, i get this message "Please choose the correct mapping file. Note: This is normal when using JDBC component", So i click ok and choose mapping_Postgres.xml file and i get message saying "java.SQL.Exception: Unsupported ResultSet type"

I tried installing new Talend, i still get the same error. Any help on this will be great.

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema

Blog