One Star

magento, retrieve new customers

Hello.
I want to retrieve new costumers from my magento web site with txmlrpcinput component.
I have the txmlrpcinput like this: server url: "http://mysite/api/xmlrpc"
auth=true and "apiuser" + "apikey"
method: "call"
when i run the job the errors are:
statistics] connecting to socket on port 3760
connected
Exception in component tXMLRPCInput_1
org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: Calling parameters do not match signature
at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.readResponse(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:184)
Any ideia?
Thanks
25 REPLIES
One Star

Re: magento, retrieve new customers

Hey Ruben,
I have done connections for a few magento stores. This post will not answer your question, but it will give you another way to connect to a magento store.
First make sure that you have the WSDL enabled at the store. What I have done is....
Basic Settings
tWebserviceInput
WSDL: "http://yourstore.com/api/v2_soap/" (depending on your magento version you might have to add a ?wsdl at the end)
Method name: "" (I leave it empty)
Edit Schema add whichever rows you want to output (for example: orderID)
Advanced Settings
check advanced used checkmark
Then click the WSDL2Java button. This will generate the code based on the WSDL from the store. Keep in mind different versions of magento have different WSDL.
In the code section:

String url= "http://yourstore.com/api/v2_soap/?wsdl";
routines.Mage_Api_Model_Server_V2_HandlerPortType portType = null;
String sessionId = null;
SalesOrderEntity[] entity = null;
portType = new routines.MagentoServiceLocator().getMage_Api_Model_Server_V2_HandlerPort(new java.net.URL(url));
sessionId = portType.login(context.userName,context.password);
//Filters to get orders in a certain status
AssociativeEntity ae1 = new AssociativeEntity("status", "Processing");
AssociativeEntity[] ae = {ae1};
ComplexFilter cof1 = new ComplexFilter("status", ae1);
ComplexFilter[] cof = {cof1};
Filters filters = new Filters(ae,cof);
entity = portType.salesOrderList(sessionId,filters);

for(int i = 0 ; i < entity.length; i++)
{
SalesOrderEntity orderInfo = portType.salesOrderInfo(sessionId, entity.getIncrement_id());
output_row.orderID = entity.getIncrement_id();
}

Then you can output out of your tWebserviceInput to another component.
This is how I have been doing it but if anyone else has any input I'm all ears.
Hope this helps.
One Star

Hello and thanks for your reply.
Sorry for my late response, but I was ending some other projects.
I've done every thing you said, I have an orderid into tlogrow, but no data retrieved, but also no errors and and I have connection.
Do you have any ideia?
Thanks
One Star

On the store I have all resources as treu for webservices.
here goes the screenshot
One Star

What is your entity_id mapped to?
Here is how I get the order increment id: output_row.orderID = entity.getIncrement_id();
Also keep in mind that if you have any filters set you may or may not get anything across.
One Star

Hello again.
I try again, I am having a Jaa IO exception error, after pressing the WSDL2Java button on the TwebserviceInput advanced options...
Any Ideia?
One Star

I have had that happen to me with different Magento implementations... Usually it boils down to the URL that you are using. Normally I start at http://www.yourdomain.com/api/v2_soap/?wsdl then I press the WSDL2JAVA. However I am actually encountering the same problem where I get the IO error with Magento 1.6.1 but it might not be the Magento version nor Talend but how the server is configured and if you are allowed access.

Other things you might try:
api/v2_soap/
api/soap/?wsdl
api/?wsdl

Hope that this is helpful. If I figure out a generic way to get the wsdl working across versions I will let you know. But I think it depends on how the webstore is configured.
One Star

i'm using twebservice for the implementation of a webservice MAGENTO , could you please tell me if i can use it???
if yes i find difficulties to configurate it !!!
here is my questions
yes this is the part where i face problems ...
i don't know what to put in the expressions accorded to the elements.
for exemple i need the login operation(used by MAGENTOwebservice) shown in the firt screen just under the wsdl adress
for this opération i have in the left the field of my table CMS and on the right the webservices parametres
EXPRESSIONS ELEMENTS
user id ------- user_name
login_user
---------- apikey
pass_user
this is in the inputmapping part
in the outputmapping i get in the left side the retur login and i ve to macht it with one parametre in the right side , i don't know what i've to return ??
QUESTIONS
1-i dont know how to fill the expressions with which input left fields fill them ???
2-what is the type of what i will return in type_login in the output ( i'm working on MAGENTOwebservice)

in the second case i use the call operation
in the left side i get my sql database table (CATEGORY)
in the right i was asqued to complete the expession of theses elements id session (the session of ma CMS webservice)
the resource path of my webservice and the args
QUESTIONS
1- i don't know how to bring the id session (the login return of ma first case )
2- for the resource path i try CATEGORY.CREATE as shown in MAGENTO website but it doesn't work is that Ok
3_for the args i don't know which fields bring from my Mysql database CATEGORY table to fill the args area and if there more than one args is there any separating thing (, or . or wink

thank's a lot you for your help
One Star

Could you post some detailed images of what you are trying to accomplish. I don't quite understand what you are trying to do here.
One Star

here are some pictures to explaine what i want to do , and what i can't configurate with the webservice .
i'm trying to call 2 Magento operations a LOGIN and a CALL " to create a nwe category" ( i don't know how to fill the ressource path and the args as shown in the picture )

One Star

here are all the images of what i'm tring to do i'm sorry for the first message: the pictures wasn't so clear .
firstly i'm trying to log into the webservice magento
next i'm tring to bring back the Id session return from the first shema and try to create a nwe category in my webservice , but i don't know what to put in the ressource path and the args .
would you please help me to configurate this .

One Star

Is hard to see from the images. But if I am seeing correct it looks like you are using tWebservice. I could not figure out how to make the Magento WSDL work with that component. Instead I used tWebServiceInput to connect to Magento's WSDL.
Hope that is helpful.
One Star

hi, thank you for your answer ,

could you please show me the way how to do it with the twebserviceInput component.
i need to do theses operations create a nwe catégory , delete a category and modifie a category ;
which method do i have to use ?
what's the shema to connect mysql database to the webservice ?
how do i have to fill all the parameters of the webservice ?
your answer will help me a lot thank you !!!!!
One Star

The 2nd post on this thread should help with that... Let me know if it does not make sense.
One Star

thanks for your answer ,
i've tried to do exactly what is shown in the second post , but in the java code i don't know how to do a call to add a new category or to delete one ?? could you please brief me how to do it .
thank you
One Star

Assuming you are doing something similar to what I had described in this post, you can do:
routines.Mage_Api_Model_Server_V2_HandlerPortType portType = new routines.MagentoServiceLocator().getMage_Api_Model_Server_V2_HandlerPort(new java.net.URL(url));
portType.catalogCategoryCreate(sessionId, parentId, categoryData, storeView);
portType.catalogCategoryDelete(sessionId, categoryId);

That is how you can create or delete a category.
One Star

hi , i tried what you said but i'm using Twebservice i got the magento operations as shown in the shema below , but i don't know what to put in th Category data for exemple .
i'm using V2soap : http:// ................ /index.php/api/v2_soap/?wsdl*
but i need to know what to put in the category data !!!
i get this error once i execute my job

démarrage du job test2 a 11:59 03/07/2012.
connecting to socket on port 3599
connected
warning: bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.5
1 warning
41de9480b8d924ee9b25b81e67b4dc10
Exception in component tWebService_2
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling schema from WSDL at {file:/C:/DOCUME~1/BOUTAI~1.BAH/LOCALS~1/Temp/wsdl1341309565306/mainWSDL.wsdl}:
undefined simple or complex type 'typens:associativeMultiArray'
at line 95 column 6513 of schema file:/C:/DOCUME~1/BOUTAI~1.BAH/LOCALS~1/Temp/wsdl1341309565306/mainWSDL.wsdl
at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.dynamic.DynamicClientFactory$InnerErrorListener.throwException(DynamicClientFactory.java:714)
at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.dynamic.DynamicClientFactory.createClient(DynamicClientFactory.java:320)
at org.talend.webservice.helper.ServiceInvokerHelper.createClient(ServiceInvokerHelper.java:143)
at org.talend.webservice.helper.ServiceInvokerHelper.getClient(ServiceInvokerHelper.java:134)
at org.talend.webservice.helper.ServiceInvokerHelper.invoke(ServiceInvokerHelper.java:235)
at startretail.test2_0_1.test2.tMysqlInput_2Process(test2.java:2741)
at startretail.test2_0_1.test2.runJobInTOS(test2.java:3012)
at startretail.test2_0_1.test2.main(test2.java:2880)
disconnected
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseExceptionpublicId: file:/C:/DOCUME~1/BOUTAI~1.BAH/LOCALS~1/Temp/wsdl1341309565306/mainWSDL.wsdl; systemId: file:/C:/DOCUME~1/BOUTAI~1.BAH/LOCALS~1/Temp/wsdl1341309565306/mainWSDL.wsdl; lineNumber: 95; columnNumber: 6513; undefined simple or complex type 'typens:associativeMultiArray'
at com.sun.xml.xsom.impl.parser.ParserContext$1.reportError(ParserContext.java:180)
at com.sun.xml.xsom.impl.parser.NGCCRuntimeEx.reportError(NGCCRuntimeEx.java:175)
at com.sun.xml.xsom.impl.parser.DelayedRef.resolve(DelayedRef.java:110)
at com.sun.xml.xsom.impl.parser.DelayedRef.run(DelayedRef.java:85)
at com.sun.xml.xsom.impl.parser.ParserContext.getResult(ParserContext.java:135)
at com.sun.xml.xsom.parser.XSOMParser.getResult(XSOMParser.java:211)
at com.sun.tools.xjc.ModelLoader.createXSOM(ModelLoader.java:532)
at com.sun.tools.xjc.api.impl.s2j.SchemaCompilerImpl.bind(SchemaCompilerImpl.java:268)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
at org.apache.cxf.common.util.ReflectionInvokationHandler.invoke(ReflectionInvokationHandler.java:52)
at $Proxy17.bind(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.dynamic.DynamicClientFactory.createClient(DynamicClientFactory.java:318)
... 6 more
Job test2 terminé à 11:59 03/07/2012.
One Star

What version of Magento are you integrating with? Also can you post the code you are using in your tWebService -> Advanced Settings. Is hard form me to look at a Exception stack without knowing what you are doing. Also this will get you the answer of what you need to use in the Category... http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/doc/webservices-api/catalog_category
One Star

Hey Ruben,
I have done connections for a few magento stores. This post will not answer your question, but it will give you another way to connect to a magento store.
First make sure that you have the WSDL enabled at the store. What I have done is....
Basic Settings
tWebserviceInput
WSDL: "http://yourstore.com/api/v2_soap/" (depending on your magento version you might have to add a ?wsdl at the end)
Method name: "" (I leave it empty)
Edit Schema add whichever rows you want to output (for example: orderID)
Advanced Settings
check advanced used checkmark
Then click the WSDL2Java button. This will generate the code based on the WSDL from the store. Keep in mind different versions of magento have different WSDL.
In the code section:

String url= "http://yourstore.com/api/v2_soap/?wsdl";
routines.Mage_Api_Model_Server_V2_HandlerPortType portType = null;
String sessionId = null;
SalesOrderEntity[] entity = null;
portType = new routines.MagentoServiceLocator().getMage_Api_Model_Server_V2_HandlerPort(new java.net.URL(url));
sessionId = portType.login(context.userName,context.password);
//Filters to get orders in a certain status
AssociativeEntity ae1 = new AssociativeEntity("status", "Processing");
AssociativeEntity[] ae = {ae1};
ComplexFilter cof1 = new ComplexFilter("status", ae1);
ComplexFilter[] cof = {cof1};
Filters filters = new Filters(ae,cof);
entity = portType.salesOrderList(sessionId,filters);

for(int i = 0 ; i < entity.length; i++)
{
SalesOrderEntity orderInfo = portType.salesOrderInfo(sessionId, entity.getIncrement_id());
output_row.orderID = entity.getIncrement_id();
}

Then you can output out of your tWebserviceInput to another component.
This is how I have been doing it but if anyone else has any input I'm all ears.
Hope this helps.

magento, retrieve new customers
It's really looking helpful and essential featured source about to retrieve new customers for Magento web development. The exclusive features of this source are really looking just stunning for newbie. Thanks for sharing!
One Star

Hello,
good information so far but I couldn't solve it still Smiley Sad
I had to use 'api/?wsdl' in my URL, otherwise I would have ran into the error mentioned above.
The thing is, ComplexFilter is not available in my wsdl file (using Magento 1.6.2).
The login itself seems to work fine.
Are there any more examples to get hold of this topic?
About the concept itself:
Where can I find the java code I generate by clicking on the WSDL2JAVA button? (just as a reference)
Shall I have one tWebserviceInput per step (retrieve customer, update customer etc.)?
Thanks,
Chris
One Star

Hi.
With webservice, I was unable to get any info.
Right now, I am working with mysql connections and so far so good.
Please advise if you find anything!
Take care
Ruben
One Star

I figured it out so far:
Using:
api/?wsdl
And my first lines of code:
String url= "http://url.com/api/?wsdl";
MagentoServiceLocator locator = new MagentoServiceLocator();
Mage_Api_Model_Server_HandlerPortType port = locator.getMage_Api_Model_Server_HandlerPort ( new java.net.URL(url) );

which works fine until now.
Then I add:
String sessionId = port.login("soapadmin", "password");

which throws and error:
Exception in component tWebServiceInput_1
AxisFault
faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.userException
faultSubcode:
faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad envelope tag: definitions
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTraceSmiley Surprisedrg.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad envelope tag: definitions
at org.apache.axis.message.EnvelopeBuilder.startElement(EnvelopeBuilder.java:71)
at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.startElement(DeserializationContext.java:1048)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:504)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:376)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl$NSContentDriver.scanRootElementHook(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:602)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:3080)
disconnected
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDriver.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:899)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:625)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:116)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:488)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:819)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:748)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:123)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1208)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:525)
at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:392)
at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationContext.java:227)
at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:696)
at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:435)
at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.MustUnderstandChecker.invoke(MustUnderstandChecker.java:62)
at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:206)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2784)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2767)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2443)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2366)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812)
at routines.Mage_Api_Model_Server_HandlerBindingStub.login(Mage_Api_Model_Server_HandlerBindingStub.java:338)
at magentotest.magentotest_0_1.Magentotest.tWebServiceInput_1Process(Magentotest.java:458)
at magentotest.magentotest_0_1.Magentotest.runJobInTOS(Magentotest.java:773)
at magentotest.magentotest_0_1.Magentotest.main(Magentotest.java:641)
{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}hostname:boindil
org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad envelope tag: definitions
at org.apache.axis.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:101)
at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:701)
at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:435)
at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.MustUnderstandChecker.invoke(MustUnderstandChecker.java:62)
at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:206)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2784)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2767)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2443)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2366)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812)
at routines.Mage_Api_Model_Server_HandlerBindingStub.login(Mage_Api_Model_Server_HandlerBindingStub.java:338)
at magentotest.magentotest_0_1.Magentotest.tWebServiceInput_1Process(Magentotest.java:458)
at magentotest.magentotest_0_1.Magentotest.runJobInTOS(Magentotest.java:773)
at magentotest.magentotest_0_1.Magentotest.main(Magentotest.java:641)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad envelope tag: definitions
at org.apache.axis.message.EnvelopeBuilder.startElement(EnvelopeBuilder.java:71)
at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.startElement(DeserializationContext.java:1048)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:504)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:376)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl$NSContentDriver.scanRootElementHook(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:602)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:3080)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDriver.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:899)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:625)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:116)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:488)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:819)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:748)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:123)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1208)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:525)
at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:392)
at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationContext.java:227)
at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:696)
... 12 more

Bad envelope tag? Where does it come from? Smiley Sad
One Star

Any ideas on that one?
Unfortunately I couldn't get any further Smiley Sad
One Star

To get Magento done, you need to:
1) get sessionid from magento
2) store sessionid in global map
3) call magento webservices with that sessionid
here we go:
1:
a) create a tsoap component:
uncheck all of
Use NTLM
Need authentication?
Use http proxy
Trust server with SSL

set ENDPOINT to:
"http://yourdomain_or_ip/index.php/api/v2_soap"

set SOAP Action to
"urn:Mage_Api_Model_Server_V2_HandlerAction"

set SOAP version to
SOAP 1.1

uncheck
Use message from the schema

check
Output in document

set SOAP message to
"<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:xsi=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance\" xmlns:xsd=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema\" xmlns:soapenv=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\" xmlns:urn=\"urn:Magento\">
<soapenv:Header/>
<soapenv:Body>
<urn:login soapenv:encodingStyle=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/\">
<username xsi:type=\"xsd:string\">mysoapuser</username>
<apiKey xsi:type=\"xsd:string\">mysoap_password</apiKey>
</urn:login>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>"

b) create tExtractXMLField component and set main row from component of a) to this tExtractXMLField
set Property Type and Schema to
Built-In

Edit Schema and set Input to
Soap

and output to
sessionId

set XML field to
Soap

set Loop XPATH query to
"/*"

set mapping of column sessionId to
"//loginReturn"

2:
create tJavaRow component and set main row from component of 1b) to this tJavaRow
In Basic Settings of tJavaRow put the following code:
globalMap.put("sessionId", input_row.sessionId);

3:
a) create a tXMLMap and add an output table
create a column in it called
soapRequest

of type
Document

rename automatic appended "root" child of soapRequest to
soapenv:Envelope

and set it as loop element
create child node of soapenv:Envelope called
soapenv:Header

create child node of soapenv:Envelope called
soapenv:Body

create child node of soapenv:Body called
customerCustomerList

create child node of customerCustomerList called
sessionId

and set the value (column "expression" left to it) to
globalMap.get("sessionId")

append a tLogRow
run job and watch your output
One Star

Hello everyone,
I want call the Magento SOAP API to retrieve the list of categories and the basket (adding + modification) using Talend. For this, we must first recover an id session from magento, store it and then use it to call the API.
I tried with tWebServiceInput but it does not work, and since it's the first time I use it, I do not know how to do.

If anyone can help me it would be really great. Thank you in advance.
One Star

Hello David_p,
Thanks a lot! Your script works fine to connect to Magento. 
However, I'm still dont know how I use de API services, like set a order status, or list orders for example.
Anyone can help me?
Thanks!
Rafael