Five Stars

log4j to a file

Hi, 
I need help to write log4j logging information to a file. By default log4J is writing on console. How should I configure, and where should I configure If I want log4J to write logging information to a file like " c:/log.txt ".

Thanks,
Abhi529

• Data Integration
4 REPLIES

Re: log4j to a file

Hello,

Please take a look at this related topic:https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Issue-with-tRest/m-p/31782

You can do this with a little Java code in a tJava component at the beginning of your Job or use a custom component tredirectOutput.

Let us know if it is Ok with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi xdshi,

thanks for your answer but it is not work for me.

I have added the following code into log4j.xml.....then still i am unable to get the the log4j file in reqired location...

<appender name="DailyFileAppender" class="org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender">
		<param name="DatePattern" value="'.'yyyy-MM-dd"/>
		<param name="File" value="c:/log/myjob.txt "/>
		<param name="Append" value="true"/>
		<layout class="org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout">
			<param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d{HH:mm:ss,SSS} %-5p %c{2} - %m%n"/>
		</layout>
	</appender>

Please find below image...

Capture_log4j.JPG

Thanks,

Abhi529

Tags (1)

Hi,

You added code into log4j.xml?

Have you tried to use this custom component tredirectoutput which is used to redirect all the message printed on the console to a file. to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Hello,

Is there any update for your issue? Feel free to post your issue here.

Best regards

Sabrina

--