less rows stored in table then transferred

Six Stars

less rows stored in table then transferred

Hello everybody,

I have a job where I extract a Json using an API. Everything seems to be fine. After my tMap 301 rows are transferred to tMysqlOutput. But when I check the table/dataViewer, only 201 rows are stored. I don't really have a clue why. Has someone an idea?

Cheers,

Chris

Accepted Solutions
Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

Re: less rows stored in table then transferred

Hi, Do you have a "Rejects" flow after the tMysqlOutput component? If not, add one to retrieve rejected records on your console (tLogRow) or better, in a file (tFileOutputDelimited). If necessary, go to "Advanced Settings" tab and uncheck the option "Extend Insert" to be able to add this flow in your job.

TRF

All Replies
Six Stars

Hi

Please check the logs for any warnings, this could be due to some truncation of columns which is happening due to incorrect length as well eg target table has fields length as 20. And incoming record field has length as 30 ie 20+. If the incoming record is not able to get accommodated in the target tables those records will get dropped.

Check this by loading it to a file, if this works fine revisit the table schema for field lengths, primary keys etc.

Thanks,
Ramachandran B
Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

Hi, Do you have a "Rejects" flow after the tMysqlOutput component? If not, add one to retrieve rejected records on your console (tLogRow) or better, in a file (tFileOutputDelimited). If necessary, go to "Advanced Settings" tab and uncheck the option "Extend Insert" to be able to add this flow in your job.

TRF
Six Stars

Hey TRF,

thanks a lot. Solved the problem.

Cheers,

Chris