less rows stored in table then transferred

Six Stars

less rows stored in table then transferred

Hello everybody,

I have a job where I extract a Json using an API. Everything seems to be fine. After my tMap 301 rows are transferred to tMysqlOutput. But when I check the table/dataViewer, only 201 rows are stored. I don't really have a clue why. Has someone an idea?

Cheers,

Chris

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Fifteen Stars TRF
Fifteen Stars

Re: less rows stored in table then transferred

Hi, Do you have a "Rejects" flow after the tMysqlOutput component? If not, add one to retrieve rejected records on your console (tLogRow) or better, in a file (tFileOutputDelimited). If necessary, go to "Advanced Settings" tab and uncheck the option "Extend Insert" to be able to add this flow in your job.

TRF

All Replies
Six Stars

Hi

Please check the logs for any warnings, this could be due to some truncation of columns which is happening due to incorrect length as well eg target table has fields length as 20. And incoming record field has length as 30 ie 20+. If the incoming record is not able to get accommodated in the target tables those records will get dropped.

Check this by loading it to a file, if this works fine revisit the table schema for field lengths, primary keys etc.

Thanks,
Ramachandran B
Highlighted
Fifteen Stars TRF
Fifteen Stars

Hi, Do you have a "Rejects" flow after the tMysqlOutput component? If not, add one to retrieve rejected records on your console (tLogRow) or better, in a file (tFileOutputDelimited). If necessary, go to "Advanced Settings" tab and uncheck the option "Extend Insert" to be able to add this flow in your job.

TRF
Six Stars

Hey TRF,

thanks a lot. Solved the problem.

Cheers,

Chris

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach