left outer join...ALL MATCHES vs UNIQUE MATCH

One Star

left outer join...ALL MATCHES vs UNIQUE MATCH

Hi everybody!
I have two table TAB_A and TAB_B and I want serch all records of TAB_A are in TAB_B...
I make left outer join with UNIQUE MATCH and I filter the NULL value for the column in out that I had take from TAB_B..
Is correct? or I miss some information? If i try with ALL MATCHES i have duplicate it's correct???

Re: left outer join...ALL MATCHES vs UNIQUE MATCH

Hi,
Please give us your tmap setting screenshot. Do you set the TAB_A as the main row and TAB_B as Look up? Is there any where condition between TAB_A and TAB_B ?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

This is my tMap... after i have a filter with TITOLO==null
THANKS for replies,
Gino.

Hi,
I make left outer join with UNIQUE MATCH and I filter the NULL value for the column in out that I had take from TAB_B..
Is correct? or I miss some information? If i try with ALL MATCHES i have duplicate it's correct???

If there are some duplicated rows in your source table, " UNIQUE MATCH" will avoid it instead of "ALL MATCHES"
See my source file:
file1:
id;name;sex
1;Shong;boy
2;Ross;boy
3;Patrick;boy
4;Elise;girl
file2:
user_id;name;country;email
1;Shong;CN;email1
4;Elise;FR;email4
1;Shong;CN;email1
See my screenshot for details
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
sorry for the late,I work hard in this days. I understand what you say...thanks for help!!!
Best Regards,
Gino.

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback, feel free post your issue on forum.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hello.
Please can you help me doing this operation in the other way ?
Data in TAB_A not in TAB_B
Thanks

Hi,
Please can you help me doing this operation in the other way ?
Data in TAB_A not in TAB_B

You can set TAB_A as Loop row and TAB_B as main row.
Best regards
Sabrina
--