jobInfo.properties not exported

One Star

jobInfo.properties not exported

I'm using Talend 5.3.1 and one of the new features is that an export creates a file "jobInfo.properties". However this file is not ALWAYS created in the exported ZIP file. Why not? How can I ensure that this file is always exported.
Community Manager

Re: jobInfo.properties not exported

Hi
I can't reproduce the problem on v5.3.1, I always have jobInfo.properties file in the export zip file. Is it a random problem on your side or it always happens on a certain job?
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

I don't know; haven't figured out when it does NOT and when it DOES export the file. Please see the following screencast: TalendExport_no_properties_file.avi. As you can see I'm using TIS 5.3.1. The exported job does NOT contain the properties file.
Community Manager

Hi rogierlommers
I have watched the screencast and did't see anything else you did differs than me. Only this job has the problem? I would suggest you to try the following procedure and see if it works:
1. Export the job items.
2. Open a new workspace and import the job items, export the job script again.
Shong
One Star

Hi Shong, thanks for your time! I did some further tests and I found out that when I select two jobs in TIS and export them into one ZIP-file, the properties file is NOT exported. However when I export both jobs separately, the property files are exported without problems.
So when two jobs are being exported "in one action", there is no "jobInfo.properties" file created. Is it possible to create a change request for this?
Community Manager

Hi rogierlommers
I have tested and confirmed the problem, please report a bug on our bugtracker, and then add the issue link in this topic.
Thank you.
Shong
One Star

Hi rogierlommers
I have tested and confirmed the problem, please report a bug on our bugtracker, and then add the issue link in this topic.
Thank you.
Shong

Ticket created: https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-27128