job visible in repository browser but not in Integration Studio

One Star

job visible in repository browser but not in Integration Studio

Talend Enterprise Data Integration Professional 5.1.2
When I go into Talend Administrator | Repository Browser, I can see all of the expected jobs.
When I go into the development client, under job designs, two of the jobs are missing.
When I use Tortoise subversion client, I can export all jobs including the missing jobs to my local hard drive. The jobs are all in subversion.
I have removed the workspace from my development client. There was no change when the workspace was recreated.
How can I make the two jobs visible in the development client?
Thank you
Wayne

Re: job visible in repository browser but not in Integration Studio

No answer but:
Are there other jobs in the same Subversion folder, and you can see those?
Is the owner of the jobs the same as other jobs you can see?
Were those jobs created in the same subversion branch?
I assume you have to click on "Show All Items" before you see any jobs at all, if not, in TAC does "Show all items" help?
Is there anything distinctive about the names of the files?
you said you can export them ok, do you have another instance of TAC/SVN you can import them to and do they show up after import?
One Star

Q) Are there other jobs in the same Subversion folder, and you can see those?
A) Yes. I can see all other jobs. I could see the missing jobs two days ago.
Q) Is the owner of the jobs the same as other jobs you can see?
A) Yes. I own everything.
Q) Were those jobs created in the same subversion branch?
A) Yes. I am working from the trunk.
Q) I assume you have to click on "Show All Items" before you see any jobs at all, if not, in TAC does "Show all items" help?
A) Yes. I click "Show all items". No help.
Q) Is there anything distinctive about the names of the files?
A) No
Q) you said you can export them ok, do you have another instance of TAC/SVN you can import them to and do they show up after import?
A) I have not tried that yet. I can try to bring up another instance of TAC and see what happens.

Great. I have a whole slew of jobs today like that no apparent pattern. I can see them in TAC browser. We have a bunch of folders, dozens of missing jobs in the Studio product, all different folders, all differnt users, seems random. All looks fine in TAC repo browser. I've deleted and recreated local folder, no change, looks like the same ones are missing. We brought tac and svn down and restarted, no help.
Everything was fine til YOU posted Smiley Happy
One additional piece of info, in my case, on teh C:\ drive in the "workspace/REPOSITORYNAME/process" folder thtat Studio uses, all teh .item, .properties and .screenshot files are present.
Levin

UPDATE: In our case it appeared the files were just somehow marked as "deleted", and when we emptied the recycle bin, every trace of them in TAC/studio was lost - but they had never been visible in the Studio Recycle bin and I'm confident no one deleted them - there were a lot of jobs suddenly missing in a bunch of different folders. like you, still visible in TAC, could be scheduled, the .item, .screenshot, .properties files all in workspace, even after deleting local workspace and letting it get recreated. SO: We rolled the whole repository back to an earlier version using SVN and now things look normal again. (Of course we had to manually preserve/separately restore some jobs that had seen work since the disappearance. But SVN log made it feasible). I'll update with post mortem after talking to Talend support.
Anyway for now:
... if you need to run those two jobs from from TAC, don't empty your recycle bin. When we emptied the bin in Studio, we lost the remaining traces of the files (TAC, files in the worskpace). But if you don't care and figure they're lost anyway, I'd be curious to know if you empty the recycle bin if they disappear from TAC.
If you need to get them on your design screen: if either of them has a context group, uses code in the "Routines" folder, or has a child job, you can probably see the jobs on your design screen by doing an impact analysis on the context group/routine/child job, and right click on the job. And maybe a 'Save as' will get you somewhere.
good luck. What version of TAC are you using, is the SVN server windows with VisualSVN? That's what we have and 5.1.1 TAC on windows.
Levin
One Star

I found a really strange workaround.
I used SVN client to export the files to my local drive for safekeeping.
I then emptied the recycle bin in the Studio. Created a new job in the Studio with the exact same name as the missing jobs. Then used "Duplicate" in Studio to make a copy of the new job to a different name. Duplicate asked me which version of the job I wanted to clone, and I selected the original version of the job. Duplicate then made a perfect copy of the job that was invisible and gave it a new name.
My projects are back, and I am just hoping this was some wild cosmic particle. Either that or NSA stole my projects. Smiley Happy

Curious - it appears possible the problem happened to you and us both on the same date - 9/18. What's ugly about it is if you have a bunch of jobs and there's no pattern, you might not recognize that anything is gone. It appeared that the files were someone annotated as "ready to delete" and hidden from the view in Studio, but not fully moved into the recycle bin.
Talend staff - is this a known software anomoly and is it confined to 5.1.x series? Any suggestions on scanning the file system to find files that are in limbo - ready to delete but not in the recycle bin? Or another explanation of what we were seeing?