jnotify - fileCreated

One Star

jnotify - fileCreated

Hallo all,
I finally managed to get jnotify working within TOS.
Now my problem is how to trigger a job that does the processing of the created file as tJava runs in an endless loop.
I do not want to stop tJava/jnotify as I would probabely loose one file.
Is there a posibility to call another TOS job from within tJava?
Any help very much appreciated.
kind regards
Hannes
----- Code within tJava (Test only) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
// to add a watch :
String path = context.WatchPath;
int mask = JNotify.FILE_CREATED |
JNotify.FILE_DELETED |
JNotify.FILE_MODIFIED|
JNotify.FILE_RENAMED;
boolean watchSubtree = false;
int watchID = JNotify.addWatch(path, mask, watchSubtree, new JNotifyListener()
{
public void fileRenamed(int wd, String rootPath, String oldName, String newName)
{
System.out.println("JNotifyTest.fileRenamed() : wd #" + wd + " root = " + rootPath + ", " + oldName + " -> " + newName);
}
public void fileModified(int wd, String rootPath, String name)
{
System.out.println("JNotifyTest.fileModified() : wd #" + wd + " root = " + rootPath + ", " + name);
}
public void fileDeleted(int wd, String rootPath, String name)
{
System.out.println("JNotifyTest.fileDeleted() : wd #" + wd + " root = " + rootPath
+ ", " + name);
}
public void fileCreated(int wd, String rootPath, String name)
{
System.out.println("JNotifyTest.fileCreated() : wd #" + wd + " root = " + rootPath
+ ", " + name);
}
});

Thread.sleep(1000000);
// to remove watch:
boolean res = JNotify.removeWatch(watchID);
if (!res)
{
// invalid watch ID specified.
}
----end of Code -----------------------
Community Manager

Re: jnotify - fileCreated

Hello
Did you try to use tLoop or tInfiniteLoop to trigger the tJava ?
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Shong,
yes, a thought about this but thats not doing the job.
jnotify creats a listner which fires up when a new file is created in a specific directory and runs "public void fileCreated(int wd, String rootPath, String name)".
I am looking for a way to start the processing job of the newly created file without leaving tJava or more precise without interrupting the listener. - Kind of writing the filepath of the created file into a pipe which another asyncronously running job reads in.
Any idea how I can achive this?
Thanks in advance and kind regards
Hannes
One Star

Hi Shong,
if you look at the code above, you can see that tJava runs in a very long Thread.sleep (in order not to waste processing power by polling the directory) while waiting for jnotify to signal the creation of a new file which happens to be in "public void fileCreated(int wd, String rootPath, String name)".
How can I interrupt the Thread.sleep from within "public void fileCreated" so that tJava ends normaly and continues with the next TOS module tFileInput?
Many thanks in advance for your support
Hannes