java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: CG overhead limit exceeded

One Star

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: CG overhead limit exceeded

I've run in the above java memory problems first in TOS 5.6.2 under Win32, irregardless of increasing the limit up to a maximum of 1300, it wasn't helping at all.

So I followed what little I found on this forum about it and switched to the Win64 version (which is version 6.0.0) and the 64 bit Java 7 version and again I could see on the taskmanager that java was quickly running out of memory.

I used the new functionality in version 6.0.0 and activated "Monitor control" under "Memory Run" with a garbage collector pace set to 30 seconds. Still it run out of memory on the second step of my job (in version 5.6.2 it couldn't even read the 13 million records (3 rows) of the lookup table in.

This is the job with the last run information in attachment 1

Attachment 2 is the complete log file.

I'm out of options now, I've set -Xms to 256 and -Xmx to 3064. I have to do two tMap as unfortunately no one came up with an answer on my other question here ( tMap - trying to catch matches, in A but not B and in B but not A).

Any help is appreciated, to me it seems the software has some serious memory problems very quickly. I haven't even started to try to do some ETL on the roughly 11-12 billion monthly data set with 21 variables in there. I thought Talend could handle it but this early failure on just 13 million records and 3 rows makes me wonder how it handles memory consumption.

I hope someone has an answer for me, otherwise it's either give up or ship out some serious $$$ for a proper ETL solution (Informatica, IBM DataStage or even Ab Initio).

Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: CG overhead limit exceeded

Hi a4xrbj1,

[color=#5b5b5d][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]We don't see your attachment or screenshot on our side. Could you please check it?[/font][/color]
[color=#5b5b5d][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]In addition, did you get "[/font][/color]out of memory" exception on a specific job or all jobs in TOS 5.6.2?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: CG overhead limit exceeded

xdshi wrote:
Hi a4xrbj1,

[color=#5b5b5d][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]We don't see your attachment or screenshot on our side. Could you please check it?[/font][/color]
[color=#5b5b5d][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]In addition, did you get "[/font][/color]out of memory" exception on a specific job or all jobs in TOS 5.6.2?

Best regards
Sabrina

Hi Sabrina,
thanks for taking time to look at my post. I've added the screenshots, no idea why they weren't uploaded.
Yes, the "out of memory" happened in the first job that was started in TOS 5.6.2, it's the tNetezzaInput in the lower left corner, now called "Get_CDRICC_data_from_next_day"
It occurred after reading in about 7 million records with 3 variables, it slowed down a lot and then the "out of memory" error happened 1-2 minutes later.
Andreas

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Download