java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: routines.Numeric.resetSequence

One Star

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: routines.Numeric.resetSequence

I have a Talend job that uses a sequence to assign row numbers to the records in a file. I need to reset the sequence before I start to read a new file. I can use the function routines.Numeric.resetSequence(seqName, startValue) in a tJava component without an issue when running my job inside Talend.
When I export my job, deploy to my JBoss server, and run the job through JBoss, I receive this exception:
java.lang.Error: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: routines.Numeric.resetSequence(Ljava/lang/String;I)V
Why would routines.Numeric.resetSequence(seqName, startValue) not export properly with the job? This seems to absolutely be a bug!
The settings I am using to export the job are:
Export type: Autonomous
Shell launcher: checked (All)
System routines: checked
User routines: checked
Required talend modules: checked
Java classes: checked
Source files: checked
Export dependencies: checked
Context scripts: checked (Default)
Apply to children: checked
When I look at the "Setup Routine Dependencies" for my job, the System routines listed are:
DataOperation
Mathematical
Numeric
Relational
SQLike
StringHandling
TalendDataGenerator
TalendDate
TalendString
I am using Talend Integration Suite (4.1.1.r50363).
Community Manager

Re: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: routines.Numeric.resetSequence

Hi
- You are exporting the job with export type: Autonomous, try to execute the job manually by click on .bat file on windows or execute .sh file on linux, and see if you get the same problem.

Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hmm, when I execute the .bat file in the .zip that is created when I export the job, there is no exception and the routines.Numeric.resetSequence() function call works properly.
I am using an ant script to convert my exported job into .jar and .war files, packaged into an .ear file. I deploy the .ear file to my JBoss server. When I execute the job on the JBoss server, I get the java.lang.Error: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: routines.Numeric.resetSequence(Ljava/lang/String;I)V exception. I have verified that the file systemroutines.jar is present in my .ear file.
Community Manager

Hi
we can say the dependency routine is exported completelly if it works fine when executing the .bat file. There must be something wrong during you package into an .ear file, the path of routine is wrong.
Why don't you export the job as a war file from studio and deploy it to Jboss/tomcat?
Best regard
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

It is our standard process to export the job as autonomous, then use an ant script to build the ear file.
I will look into our deployment process to see if I can pinpoint the issue on my end.