One Star

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException-opening metadata stored queries 4.2

Thought I'd try the new full release 4.2.0.r59885 and I imported one of my 4.1.2 projects. I can load my job designs ok but when ever I try to open any stored query in my Metadata/Db Connections I get "Problem Occurred" with the text:
"An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException"
I get this error on both my own workstation which is Ubuntu 11.04 64bit and my Talend server which is Centos 5.6 32 bit.
I have no issues with 4.1.2.r53616
3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException-opening metadata stored queries 4.2

Hi
I am trying to reproduce your problem, is it possible send your project to me? or create a bug on our bugtracker?
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi shong,
Sorry for the delay in replying - I work as a consultant and sometimes dont get time during the day for following up with forums.
I have a test Database Connection with the SQL password removed. I exported this in 4.1.2 and tested that I can open up a Query Builder window before I tried it in 4.2.0.
I launched 4.2.0 from a command window, created a new project, imported the DB Connection saved from 4.1.2 - it imports ok.
I then expand the DB connection to reveal the stored queries. When I try to open any of the queries I get a stack of Java errors logged - too many to copy and paste, so I used the Export Logs under the Help menu. To me it seems like something major is missing as the UI for the Query Builder never gets displayed - just An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
How can I upload 2 zip files for you?
- I'll submit to bug tracker
http://www.talendforge.org/bugs/view.php?id=21780
One Star

Hi
I have the same problem with 4.2. Can't open anymore my queries.
Works ok on Talend 4.1.1.