Four Stars

java.io.IOException: No KeyProvider is configured, cannot access an encrypted file

I am running a Talend job to read and write data from HDFS encryption zone with the help of Ranger KMS. Though the Talend job is not able to read and write the files out the HDFS encryption zone. Getting the below error for the same:

Exception in component tHDFSInput_1
java.io.IOException: No KeyProvider is configured, cannot access an encrypted file
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.decryptEncryptedDataEncryptionKey(DFSClient.java:1382)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.createWrappedInputStream(DFSClient.java:1461)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem$4.doCall(DistributedFileSystem.java:332)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem$4.doCall(DistributedFileSystem.java:326)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystemLinkResolver.resolve(FileSystemLinkResolver.java:81)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.open(DistributedFileSystem.java:326)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.open(FileSystem.java:782)

Please help if anyone has faced the same issue.

• Big Data
3 REPLIES

Re: java.io.IOException: No KeyProvider is configured, cannot access an encrypted file

Hi,

Which talend build version are you using? Can you successfully connect to your HDFS Encryption zone through talend tool without missing libraries issue?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Re: java.io.IOException: No KeyProvider is configured, cannot access an encrypted file

Hi,

Yes I am able to write data to the encryption zone. I am unable to read it and copy the HDFS file outside the zone. The version of Talend is Talend Open Studio for Big Data 6.3.1. Please let me know how to go about this.

Thank you.

Preeti

Four Stars

@ppadelkar can you provide the screeshot of the job that you are building? @xdshi do we need to decrypt the folder via talend before we can access the files?