installing external modules- no download option

One Star

installing external modules- no download option

First install. Not getting very far. When I try to follow the configuration instructions to download the external jars, I dont have the "download" option... under "Action" I only have the little picture of a jar to manually select the sources.
Is there something I'm missing? I can get out to the internet using chrome with proxy setting set to "automatically detect settings". I think there is a proxy involved as I'm coming from a corporate network, but I"m not sure if that's the problem...
any help is appreciated.
Warren
One Star

Re: installing external modules- no download option

First install. Not getting very far. When I try to follow the configuration instructions to download the external jars, I dont have the "download" option... under "Action" I only have the little picture of a jar to manually select the sources.
Is there something I'm missing? I can get out to the internet using chrome with proxy setting set to "automatically detect settings". I think there is a proxy involved as I'm coming from a corporate network, but I"m not sure if that's the problem...
any help is appreciated.
Warren

It doesnt look like a proxy problem. I can get out to create an account and register the product, just can't download the jars.

Hi,
I supposed you have checked document TalendHelpCenter:Identify required external modules.
Some modules are not available on the Talend website but can be downloaded directly from external websites. Once downloaded, these modules must be placed in specific folders.
For the studio, the downloaded modules must be placed in the following folder: <StudioPath>/lib/java.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Yes, I am working from that doc. The screenshot shows a "Action" column, but in my case that action does not have "Download and install" avaialble and download and install all is also not available. There are so many missing modules that manually downloading them all is not really feasible. Here's a screenshot to show you what I mean: http://i.imgur.com/6gtOohx.jpg

Hi,
What's the talend product build version are you using?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I am getting the same error,  not showing download and install option on talend 6.0.1  64 bit version running on windows 7 , JDK 8 
Seventeen Stars

This is not an error. A huge number of libraries are not stable at the same place in the web and a lot of them are not freely available.
You find in this case only the load button and have to pick them up from your local file system.
I suggest to switch to Talend 6.1.1 because since this release Talend has established its own storage (nexus I guess) for a lot of previously hard to fetch libraries.
One Star

I also tried to give those dependencies from my local filesystem but on running job  it still shows a dialogue box showing those error for those jars .and I cannot switch to Talend 6.1.1 for now .
Community Manager

I believe there is a known issue with the download jar pop-up window that keeps coming up in v6.0. This will be fixed in 6.0.2 but for now we recommend to move to 6.1.1.
Elisa