Six Stars

insert table in email

I want to send email though talend in which i want to insert a table. This table comes from data processing activity in which i join two mySQL tables and sort the data based on a column. How can i send this result in email body with a fixed salutation and signature?

I have read https://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=39657

and 

https://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=36026

however these examples are for sending results directly from DB without any processing. Below is what i have done so far.

Capture.JPG

• Data Integration
12 REPLIES
Seven Stars TRF
Seven Stars

Re: insert table in email

Hi,
Regarding your job, tSendMail is not connected with any other component, so it will start at the same time as tMysqlInput and for sure, will not give you the expected result.
So, connect these 2 components using trigger onSubjobOk.
Now, I suppose the result is built in tJavaRow using global variables.
So you just have to reuse these variables in tSendMail to get the expected message, perhaps using html for a friendly presentation.
If you have some difficult to get what you want, share details for each component configuration.

TRF
Six Stars

The only problem i am facing is that i can't see onSubJobOk option, rest i understand how to do. 

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

Seven Stars TRF
Seven Stars

You need to connect the 1st component with onSubJobOk, you cannot connect an other one.

TRF
Six Stars

Where exactly is first component? tMysqlinput1, tMysqlinput2, tMap1, tSortrow1, tJavarow or tSendemail? I assume that you're talking about tSortrow1 and tJavarow. And again which component should be connected with which component as onsubjob1? and what connection type for second one?

Seven Stars TRF
Seven Stars

The 1st one is the green one, tMysqlInput in your case.

TRF
Six Stars

Now i can't connect between tMySqlInput1 and tMap1 through subjob. I even tried with tJoin and its not working either.

Seven Stars TRF
Seven Stars

Of course you cannot!

You just have to connect tMysqlInput_1 to tSendMail_1 using onSubjobOk to be sure tSendMail_1 will start after the variables you use to construct the email will be populated.

Also rearrange the job design, move tMysqlInput_2 on top of tMap_1, then move tSendMail_1 to the left (where is actually tMysqlInput_2).

TRF
Six Stars

Can you post a screenshot or flow chart?

TRF wrote:

Of course you cannot!

You just have to connect tMysqlInput_1 to tSendMail_1 using onSubjobOk to be sure tSendMail_1 will start after the variables you use to construct the email will be populated.

Also rearrange the job design, move tMysqlInput_2 on top of tMap_1, then move tSendMail_1 to the left (where is actually tMysqlInput_2).

post a screenshot? or flow design?

Seven Stars TRF
Seven Stars

should look like this:

Capture.PNG

Sorry for the quick and dirty design!

TRF
Six Stars

Not sure why it isn't working. here is my revised workflow desgin

Capture.JPG

Here is tJavarow code.

Capture.JPG

Error message
Execution failed : Job compile errors 
At least job "test" has a compile errors, please fix and export again.
Error Line: 1457
Detail Message: Status cannot be resolved or is not a field
There may be some other errors caused by JVM compatibility. Make sure your JVM setup is similar to the studio.

Seven Stars TRF
Seven Stars

Click on Code tab, check for errors in source code using red rectangle(s) on the right side

TRF
Nine Stars

Detail Message: Status cannot be resolved or is not a field

This usually indicates a reference to a flow variable that's not defined.  Check the spelling/capitalization of the tMap output field you're referencing.