impossible to execute a job in an other

One Star

impossible to execute a job in an other

Hello,
I work on java TOS 4.0.2 and i have big problems for execute some Jobs.
When i try to manage all my Jobs with an other job (like sequencer), 2 weeks before i hd no problems.
Everything works well.
But now, i can t and they are a lot of error.
For example, i try to execute a simple Job "Create_Extract_AllUser_Hebdo" in the Job "testd" without other modification.
And I have the error "test.create_extract_alluser_hebdo_1_0 n est pas reconnu comme type valide".
If i try to bypass this error, i have others error :
"démarrage du job testd a 17:33 13/08/2010.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Problèmes de compilation non résolus :
test.create_extract_alluser_hebdo_1_0 n'est pas reconnu comme type valide
test.create_extract_alluser_hebdo_1_0 n'est pas reconnu comme type valide
at test.testd_0_1.testd.tRunJob_1Process(testd.java:242)
at test.testd_0_1.testd.runJobInTOS(testd.java:459)
at test.testd_0_1.testd.main(testd.java:333)
connecting to socket on port 3406
connected
"
I have try to delete the folder ".JETEmitters" and run TOS after but exactly the same result Smiley Sad
Thanks if u can help for this problem
One Star

Re: impossible to execute a job in an other

Hi
Check the code part of Talend. its showing there are compilation errors in the job.
One Star

Yes i have try but that give me no information about what to do .
the line in error is " test.create_extract_alluser_hebdo_1_0.Create_Extract_AllUser_Hebdo childJob_tRunJob_1 = new test.create_extract_alluser_hebdo_1_0.Create_Extract_AllUser_Hebdo();"
the element who is in red is "test.create_extract_alluser_hebdo_1_0"
that s why i don t understand. it s just the name of the Job that i call so i don t understand why a simple element like that put everything in error.
One Star

I think that i know why this happend but i don t know how to resolve it.
i receive a temporary licence and i don t ave this problem.
but it s after i change the number licence with the final licence that this problem arrive.
i need to delete everything and install everything with the new licence to resolve that problem ?
no one had this problem and can help me ?
One Star

Hi
It seems like there is some problem with your subjob. Check the code Section of your subjob or check the tRunJob Component i.e. you have selected the correct job
One Star

thanks.
but the subjob is OK. i can run it without warning or error.
i just drag and drop the job that i need to my seqjob. that s why i can t understand why it gave me an error like that.
One Star

Hi
have you checked the tRunJob component, the sub job given is correct ??
One Star

yes, i use a simple trunjob and nothing work well Smiley Sad
i do exactly the same thing than last month when it was OK.
they are something crazy !!
One Star

Hi
can you create a new job and call your subjob from the new job, check it works or not.
If fine, there is some problem with parent job
One Star

yes i have try that solution to be sure that i don t have a problem in my subjob but not.
nothing works with that solution.
and the error is always the same : "nameofthejob is not recognize as valid type"
One Star

that s really crazy, i create a new Java project and do exactly the same simple job.
create a new SeqJob to launch my simple Job and everything work well !!!!!
so it s really my project who have problem and not my job.
something in the configuration files is dead like i thin at the beginning. Talend is not so powerfull to be dead like that so quickly.
If someone know how to resolve that, it can be better than delete everything Smiley Wink
One Star

When you reproduce the error, please check what comes into Talends log file, at the end of:
{WORKSPACE}/.metadata/.log
WORKSPACE is from your Talend installation path.
Note that do not lock any files there, otherwise TOS will not be able to run anything.
One Star

Hi there,
I recently run into the same problem as maxx.
I got a Main Job containing tRunJob Components which use different Jobs. The Jobs called are ok and run independently. These Jobs are of equal design and used for Database-copy operations.
While compiling the Mainjob I recieve compilance Errors for the SubJob Classes: "XYZ is not recognized as valid type".
I tried to reconstruct this. For reconstruction I used a new local repository.
after redesigning the parent Job by hand I created the first Subjob. Everything seemed fine so I copied the ChildJob (using duplicate function) and changed their parameters (Database table and schema for input/output components... nothing else). Inside the MainJob there are tRunJobs for every ChildJob. After creating all ChildJobs and adding them to tRunJob Components I tried to run the Job but there appears to be the error again.
At first it seemed, that only the copied Jobs got errors but today even the first job is shown with errors.
Error Message: rebeka_neu.entlastung_0_1.entlastung kann nicht in einen Typ aufgelöst werden
@
 rebeka_neu.entlastung_0_1.entlastung childJob_tRunJobTest_1 = new rebeka_neu.entlastung_0_1.entlastung();

I´m totally out of ideas...
TOS Versions: 4.0.1 / 4.0.2 / 4.0.3
Hope you can help me.
One Star

simOn : if you don t work in production environnement, create a new one and import all your jobs in the new project.
For me, this solution works and repair everything.
I know, this is not a good solution and if talend break himself with no reasons, i think that i don t want to use it again for an other project !!!!
One Star

Hi maxx, the Problem is, that i allready tried this. I created a new Project, even in a new Repository and recreated the Jobs manually. It seemed to work until I started to copy the ChildJobs (there are 13 Jobs of the same kind with different parameters). I will repeat this today and keep an eye on the Jobs during every step. Maybe I can report something else afterwards.
Importing the existing Jobs to a new environment did not change anything for me...
One Star

ok. to resolve the same problem, i just import all the jobs of my project in a new one.
do you have try that :
* delete the folder ".JETEmitters" and run TOS after ?
One Star

Hi,
deletion of the .JETEmitters did not work.
I again tried to import my Jobs and Connections to a new and fresh project but the errors are kind of stubborn.
I will rebuild the Job now and keep you posted.
One Star

It seems I just resolved the Problem. When I opened one of the ChildJobs in Talend and changed to CodeView... the error in the fatherjob vanished. It seems the ChildJob has not been compiled yet... I would guess something like this. FatherJob is running now... I have to try, weather this still works after TOS restart...
Edit:
After TOS restart the Problem occurs again. Maybe a Bug? However the Problem can be resolved again by opening the Subjobs in Codeview once... but thats no real solution. Maybe the Talend Team has an idea?
One Star

encountred the same problem when I exported my jobs and imported them to a new machine
SOLUTION
Recreate a new project with the same project name as the machine where I developed my jobs
One Star

Hi,
I had the same problem and i find a solution. In fact in the window component check the check box named "Utiliser un processus indépendant pour exécuter le sous-job" or in english something like that "Use an independant thread to execute the sub-job"