importing java jar file

Four Stars

importing java jar file

Hi,
I am using tJava component in the job. Since our java code is related to xml parser, we added 
import javax.xml.transform.dom.*;
this import statement added in Advance settings in tJava component. 
But we are getting error msg "Syntax error on token "Invalid Character", delete this token"
So, we downloaded related jar file and added it in talend in the following ways
window->show view->talend->modules
Imported jar file in modules section, but no use. Still it's showing the same error.
Even I tried tLibraryLoad component, no change in the error.
Can you please let me know what are the changes to be done to make sure code can access external jar files.
Thanks

Five Stars

Re: importing java jar file

Are you sure this error message is relating to this import statement?
Where are you seeing the message? Code View?
Four Stars

Hi,
we removed complete java code and placed only this import statement to know whether the issue is because of this or not.
So, we are getting the issue with that import statement. Even if we code window, there also error is highlighting at Import statement only. Please let me know if you see this issue is because of any other.(but we didn't write any code, except default statement String foo="bar").
Please suggest solutions.
Thanks. 
Seventeen Stars

Hi jayachandra456
we cannot help if you do  not show us what you have done. Most of the text what you are writing is not clear.
Example: we removed complete java code and placed only this import statement to know whether the issue is because of this or not.
This is actually nonsense. You cannot write an import statement just like normal java code. This does not make sense.
Your first error message looks like there are a malformed import statement. If you really expect help, show us what you have done.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download