implementing scd2

One Star

implementing scd2

please anyone suggest me how to implement SCD 2 in talend? im new for talend
Seventeen Stars

Re: implementing scd2

Nearly for all database types you find SCD related components. The interface to configure it is very user friendly and fits very well to the theory of slowly changing dimension types.
You will find at start your schema column in the unused sction and simply drag and drop them to the SCD type as you need.
You can configure the timestamp fields as well as an active field.
Hint: If you design your table and add it to the meta data and use this meta data to create your SCD output, please let the scd columns in the unused section or better switch to a build-in schema and delete them from schema because they will only be handled be the SCD component.

Hi,
Do you want to use the SCD component in talend? There are some component references about SCD, such as tMysqlSCD, tOracleSCD and so on. Could you give us more info about your requirement so that we can give you a proper help.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

please anyone suggest me how to implement SCD 2 in talend? im new for talend

Hi Manju,
We have a property in output components of all DBs ( for example tMySqlOutput) named ' Action on Table '
and ' Action on data ' .
Set ' Action on Table ' to ' Default '
Set ' Action on Data ' to ' Insert or Update ' / ' Update or Insert '.
We can achieve SCD2 using this property I guess.
Hope this would be helpful.
Thanks,
Saty.
Seventeen Stars

Hi Saty,
NO that is not an SCD feature! Slowly Changing Dimension means you track the changes of fields and writes a new time slice for a changed data set. What you describe is simply an update of the existing dataset in different orders (first insert and than update if the insert found an existing one).
Only the tXXXSCD components do this job properly and this for all 3 SCD types.
One Star

Hi jlolling,
Thanks for the corrections. This forum is very helpful to me to explore various features of Talend.

Saty.
One Star

Hi jlolling,
I'm facing a problem with tOracleSCD...It takes alot of time to get finished ..i was looking for output component which make it faster to execute.
Thanks,
Mirella