image resize - problem with ImageMagick in tSystem

One Star

image resize - problem with ImageMagick in tSystem

I'm using ImageMagick in tSystem to resize a picture.
In the command,
"C:\\Program Files\\ImageMagick-6.7.3-Q16\\convert.exe "+((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEPATH")) +" -resize 64x64! "+((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEDIRECTORY"))+"\\exact_"+((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILE"))+"."+((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEEXTENSION"))

It was working fine but I just found one problem.
I'm using ((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEPATH")) to get the file name and path. As long as there's no space in the file name, it's working well. Like C:/folder1/folder2/testa.jpg. It works.
But if the file name changed to test a.jpg like C:/folder1/folder2/test a.jpg then it failed to run.
And will get error as follows:
Magick: unable to open image `C:\folder1/folder2/test': No such file or directory @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/2589.
Magick: no decode delegate for this image format `C:\folder1/folder2/test' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/532.
Magick: unable to open image `a.jpg': No such file or directory @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/2589.
Magick: unable to open image `folder1/folder2/test': No such file or directory @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/2589.
Magick: no decode delegate for this image format `C:\folder1/folder2/test' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/532.
Magick: missing an image filename `a.jpg' @ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/3016.

Does it mean I couldn't have space in the file name? How can I do to make it work with space?
Could anyone help me on this please? Thanks!!!!
One Star

Re: image resize - problem with ImageMagick in tSystem

Hi
Check "Use Array Command".
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

What version talend do u use? I'm using 5.0.1 and I don't see the array/single command in the component? Do I have to update the component? Or Is there other way to solve it?
Thanks!
One Star

Hi
My TOS version is TOS_DI-r75219-V5.0.1NB.
I notice that this new feature will be added in TOS 5.1.0.
Now you can use this workaround.
new String[]{"C:\\Program Files\\ImageMagick-6.7.3-Q16\\convert.exe",((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEPATH")) }

Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Thanks for your reply first.
I have to put everything inside like the following or just the first two part like the one you showed me below?
new String[]{"C:\\Program Files\\ImageMagick-6.7.3-Q16\\convert.exe",((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEPATH"))," -resize 64x64! ", ((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEDIRECTORY")),"\\exact_",((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILE")),".",((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEEXTENSION"))}
I tried both but still got error message from both of them. I shouldn't have space in the filepath?
Thanks!!!
One Star

Hi
The reason is that you put wrong parameters in String[] array.
Each String[] array element should be a parameter.
(String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILE")),".",((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEEXTENSION"))

or
"\\exact_",((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILE")),".",((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEEXTENSION"))

They may be one parameter. I don't know how to use this command.
Maybe the command should be like this.
new String[]{"C:\\Program Files\\ImageMagick-6.7.3-Q16\\convert.exe",
((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEPATH"))," -resize 64x64! ",
(String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEDIRECTORY"))+"\\exact_"+
((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILE"))+"."+((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEEXTENSION"))}

Hope you make it clear.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Thanks for correcting me. I think I got your point. I tried it like the one you showed.
Here's the error msg I got:
Magick: unable to open image ` -resize 64x64! ': No such file or directory @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/2589.
Magick: no decode delegate for this image format ` -resize 64x64! ' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/532.

I also tried to include that ` -resize 64x64! ' with other parts. But it still failed. Really appreciate your advice!!!
Thanks!!!

Calling Talend Open Studio Users

The first 100 community members completing the Open Studio survey win a $10 gift voucher.

Start the survey

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Why Companies Move to the Cloud: 7 Success Stories

Learn how and why companies are moving to the Cloud