if query returns a recordset, do this, otherwise do that

One Star

if query returns a recordset, do this, otherwise do that

hey all, need a lil help on a fairly simple task. here's the scenario:
i have two tables, ListAddress and RepListResult. i need to pull all records from ListAddress, which I will then iterate over. for each returned row from ListAddress, i need to run a query that uses the ListAddress row's 'AddressId' column; this query will return any record from RepListResult that has a matching 'AddressId'.
so, all of that above i have been abel to do, but here's where i'm stuck now: if the cross-check query returns even one row (i.e. its recordset is not null nor empty), i do not want to do anything at all. if there are no rows returned, i want to then take the original row's data from the first ListAddress query and write it to a CSV file.
i've attached a screenshot of my job thus far, but would greatly appreciate any input on how i can accomplish the end of the job. also, any links to documentation on how to use components, particularly examples, are very welcome. thanks guys!
One Star

Re: if query returns a recordset, do this, otherwise do that

i don't know where the image went, but her's a link to it: http://i.imgur.com/8cZdl.png
Community Manager

Hi
Which database type? Mysql? Oracle? or others?
There is a global variable like ((Integer)globalMap.get("tMysqlInput_2_NB_LINE")), we use normally this global variable to check how many lines are returned by the query. For example:
tMysqlInput_1--row1-->tFlowToIterate---->iterate-->tMysqlInput_2--->tLogRow---runIf---tFixedFlowInput--main--tFileOutputDelimited
on tMysqlInput_1:
select AddressId from ListAddress
on tMysqlInput_2:
run a query that uses the ListAddress row's 'AddressId' column as you mentioned.
Set the condition of RunIf:
((Integer)globalMap.get("tMysqlInput_2_NB_LINE"))==0
on tFixedFowInput, generate one line with one column on the schema,
key:value
AddressIdSmiley SadInteger)globalMap.get("row1. AddressId")

Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

thank you very much, @shong, that was exactly the help i needed. apparently, my profile is still unable to post images and such, so here's a link to a screenshot of the finished job.
screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/f17PA#0

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch