Five Stars

how to unlock the locked files

I copied the project form my windows system to my Ubuntu system and Talend 6.2 to 6.4.1.

So after that most of files are locked and I can't edit or modify it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: how to unlock the locked files

It's working now.
I opened the locked file and then go to "open with" option and select the "java editor" from the options. So now, I will edit that specific job and build it without any error.

Thanks for your help.

11 REPLIES
Twelve Stars TRF
Twelve Stars

Hi,

You have to export the project from the source installation, and mport it in the target installation.

The migration process should be automatically accomplished by TOS.

TRF
Five Stars

Yes, I did the same.
I export the project from my windows system (talend 6.2) and import in into the Ubuntu system (talend 6.4.1).
Ten Stars

Check the file permissions in the Talend workspace folder on your Linux system.

Five Stars

Yes, I already gave the "777 (read, write, execute)" permission to all the users.

Hello,

Generally, the job is locked as you are creating several version of job. In Talend, only the latest version of job is open, and other versions are locked. When double clicking on the job name on repository, it will open the latest version of job in job editor. So, if you see the job status becomes read-only, please check if it is the latest version of job. Sometimes, if you can't open the latest version of job, go to Navigator--->your project name folder-->process and remove the two files of old version job: jobName_oldVersion.item, jobName_oldVersion.properties, then return back to repository viewer and click on 'refresh' button. Feel free to let us know if it is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Yes, I know this.
But I have only one version of files and there are no other versions files available.
And most of the files are read only.

Hello,

Are you using talend open studio or subscription solution?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

I am using

Talend Data Integration

Version: 6.4.1
Build id: 20170623_1246

Hi,

Are you using free trial Talend Data Integration product? Did you get any information when your files are locked?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Five Stars

Yes, I am using free trial of it.
When I opened the first time project at that time most of the files are locked.
Five Stars

It's working now.
I opened the locked file and then go to "open with" option and select the "java editor" from the options. So now, I will edit that specific job and build it without any error.

Thanks for your help.