Four Stars

how to send output of one custom component to another

Hello

In my job i'm using two component ,in first component through rest api call i get process uid and i want to use this process uid as input variable in my second component.How i can achieve this .Please help me with the solution.

Thankyou

Regards,

Jyoti Pandey 

3 REPLIES
Six Stars

Re: how to send output of one custom component to another

Hi Jyothi,

I am also doing something like you mentioned, see if the way I am following helps you.

I use ExtractJson component to extract particular fields from rest API, and then map it as per my requirements in tmap before sending it to my database.

Thanks.

Vineet

Four Stars

Hello Vineet,

I don't want to use the talend existing component. I am creating my own two component in which i want to send the variable value of one component to another component.

Thankyou

Regards,

Jyoti 

Six Stars

Hi Jyoti,

Whilst I've written custom components in the past, the recommended way to add custom logic to your job is now via a tJavaFlex, which is why the Component Designer has been depreciated.

There are very few reasons to create custom components, except if you plan to re-distribute them, in which case you should read the following series of articles, specifically the Component Analysis one, which explains how the Connectors work, as these are how you pass data in and out of your custom component.

https://www.talendbyexample.com/talend-custom-component-writing.html

Regards,

Chris