how to look-up 6 fields from one row at the same time

One Star sg9
One Star

how to look-up 6 fields from one row at the same time

Hi,
i have row1 with six fields: row1.f1, row1.f2,row1.f3,row1.f4,row1.f5,row1.f6. I want to look up each field on row2.field and get row2.description for each one. Is this possible?
thank you,
One Star

Re: how to look-up 6 fields from one row at the same time

Hi
You can write in the expression part as
row.f1.equals(row2.field)||row.f2.equals(row2.field)||row.f3.equals(row2.field)||row.f4.equals(row2.field)||row.f5.equals(row2.field)||row.f6.equals(row2.field)
If your lookup file size is huge this method will take long time Smiley Sad
One Star

Have you tried adding multiple instances of row2 in a tMap? Perform 6 different joins on the same input table.
One Star sg9
One Star

HI,
adding 6 different works perfectly, but only with 4 joins. When i add all 6 i get this error:
"The code of method tAccessInput_1Process(Map<String,Object>) is exceeding the 65535 bytes limit"
I tired removing all unnecessary fields but i still get the error.
One Star

Do you get the same error if you create a job that combines only the 6 lookups with the 1 main flow via a tMap? That is, no other filters, context variables, routines, etc.
One Star sg9
One Star

No, no errors if use only 1 main flow.
After the join process i need to Normalize, Filter, tBreak, tMap with output to two different CVS files, one of which has another Filter before. When i removed all these processes it works fine, so i guess i need to improve them !?
Thank you,
One Star

Try to build your job back up. Start with adding the tFilterRows back and use 2 CSV files in the tMap.
Seven Stars

Can you normalise the six fields before tMap so there is only one lookup?
One Star sg9
One Star

Hi alevy,
i don't know if i understood you correctly, but the purpose is to concatenate the descriptions coming from row2.description. So basically i have to keep the same number of rows, and replace the six fields (which are holding IDs from row2) with one text field holding concatenated descriptions.
Seven Stars

You should be able to use tSplitRow to normalise each row1 into 6 rows (each having a key of the original row number and one of the f fields) then feed into tMap to lookup the description from row2 for each f field then use tDenormalize to concatenate each of the 6 descriptions back into one row.