how to log executed query to console? (tOracleRow)

One Star

how to log executed query to console? (tOracleRow)

Need to log the executed query used within the tOracleRow component to the console window in order to have a complete Job execution protocol. Any idea how to log the query?

Re: how to log executed query to console? (tOracleRow)

Hi,
Here is a global variable  ((String)globalMap.get("tOracleRow_1_QUERY")) from tOracleRow which is the SQL query statement being processed.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hi,
Here is a global variable  ((String)globalMap.get("tOracleRow_1_QUERY")) from tOracleRow which is the SQL query statement being processed.
Best regards
Sabrina

Hi Sabrina,
is there any way to be able to enable/disable query logging for most/all DB components in a job, for debugging purpose?
I could use one/many tJava component(s) (one it'd be better), and 'println' any query I need to log, but sometime it is not so easy to find out where to link the tJava component for a good flow design and optimization.
Any suggestion?
Thank you,
Lorenzo
Twelve Stars

generally query - most easiest part for debug
You always can catch them from database side 
-----------
Six Stars

generally query - most easiest part for debug
You always can catch them from database side 

Sometime jobs are a better common point where to implement different monitoring/debug policies, to decide which queries to log, for example when you interact with different databases and/or a lot of clients and jobs are querying at the same time.
Twelve Stars

Sometime jobs are a better common point where to implement different monitoring/debug policies, to decide which queries to log, for example when you interact with different databases and/or a lot of clients and jobs are querying at the same time.

I have DBA background, so I just not meet no one case when I will need log queries in Talend, when need - I debug all direct on database
From my point of view - all problems could be only from variable parameters, so I will debug variables, but not a query
but as Sabrina explain above for the ROW component You can use - ((String)globalMap.get("tOracleRow_1_QUERY"))
-----------
Twelve Stars

in additional, I never look for this information, but at least in TAC (subscription) - all database queries write to the log

in Studio (not Open) You can select Log4JLevel - Debug (same if You Build Job), and You will also have all queries on console:

will need to check - component from Exchange for Log4Jhow it work
-----------
Twelve Stars

not so easy as on subscription, but still possible  

-----------