One Star

how to install talend on AWS EC2 Centos6.3. is it possible

Hi all,
Actually we are new to the hadoop, aws and ec2. Our motive is to load data on Hadoop and HBase. We have already loaded a csv file on hdfs datanode(/user/root/datanode) through command line by using ?hadoop -fs copyFromLocal soucre destination? command. And now we want to read/write that file on HBase but we are unable to find a way for doing so. Thats why we want to use Talend because as it is said that it provides a GUI and we can simply drag our file and drop onto the place where we want to.
Now the problem we are facing is that, we have downloaded and unzipped the talend file on ec2 but we are unable to run it. We have ran it on our windows desktop and it is running fine but it is not running on ec2.
We have also written the error occurred on running the talend in this post previously. You may have a look onto the errors.
Please help us to sort it out.
Thanks in advance
5 REPLIES

Re: how to install talend on AWS EC2 Centos6.3. is it possible

Hi,
There is online documentation about Compatible Platforms, hope it will be helpful for you.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Hi xdshi,
Thanks for your reply, MY question is how can we install Talend data integration on EC2, we want to launch Talend GUI on our remote system. How can we do that ?
I am waiting for your valuable response.
Thanks,

Hi,
Talend support for centos, however, for linux system, there is no support for UI.
In addition, there are Amazon EC2 components in talend open studio for BigData tCloudStart and tCloudStop
Perhaps you can install Talend open studio on window system with available GUI and use Amazon EC2 components to connect to your cloud virtual servers.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Community Manager

Hi,
Actually this is NOT true, Sabrina. If your linux box supports a GUI and this distribution version is supported by Talend (https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Compatible+Platforms&content-lang=en) then there is no reason why you couldn't launch a Studio on your system. I think CentOS 6.3 should be fine.
Now your issue is actually to launch the EC2 instance with CentOS virtually in order to launch the Talend Studio installation.
First make sure your CentOS distrib has the GUI installed (it's not the case by default I believe) then launch your CentOS on the EC2 instance and then launch the .sh to install the Talend Studio.
Let us know if any step is unclear.
Cheers,
Elisa
One Star

Can you provide a tcloudstart example because I don't find any sample example for this component ?
This will help me in using it in my job.