Five Stars

how to import a Talend ETL project

I'm a freshman on Talend ETL(Jasper ETL), now I have a project with a process folder, a talend.project and a .project files. I want to import them but don't know how to do it.

I try to compress them as a zip file and import, but I get the error message says FeatureNotFoundException: Feature bigDate' not found

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: how to import a Talend ETL project

I found the solution and it's strange.
Solution:
1. The folder should have a .project file and a project folder, which include a talend.project and a process folder with three files;
2. Compress the folder as a zip file;
3. Use Import an existing project and click Import project as;
4. Select the archived file and enter the project name (The name I entered is same as the project name, I'm not sure if it must be identical);
Then it loaded successfully.
5 REPLIES
Five Stars

I tried put the .project and talend.project together with the process floder and compress them as a zip file. It has been imported but nothing appears on projects select panel

Hello,

How did you export your ETL project from previous edition? Did you follow up this document:TalendHelpCenter:Exporting a project to export your ETL project?

Could you please take a look at this document about:TalendHelpCenter:Importing projects to see if you import your ETL project?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Thanks reply. I have read these doc before, the project is export by the other one and all I got are the process folder with three files, a talend.project and a .project file. I put the .project file with other files together and then import them. But nothing appears on "select exists project" panel after imported. However, I could find the project in my workspace.
Five Stars

I found the solution and it's strange.
Solution:
1. The folder should have a .project file and a project folder, which include a talend.project and a process folder with three files;
2. Compress the folder as a zip file;
3. Use Import an existing project and click Import project as;
4. Select the archived file and enter the project name (The name I entered is same as the project name, I'm not sure if it must be identical);
Then it loaded successfully.

Hello,

Great it is fixed. Thanks for your feedback and sharing your solution here.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.