how to import a Talend ETL project

Highlighted
Five Stars

how to import a Talend ETL project

I'm a freshman on Talend ETL(Jasper ETL), now I have a project with a process folder, a talend.project and a .project files. I want to import them but don't know how to do it.

I try to compress them as a zip file and import, but I get the error message says FeatureNotFoundException: Feature bigDate' not found

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: how to import a Talend ETL project

I found the solution and it's strange.
Solution:
1. The folder should have a .project file and a project folder, which include a talend.project and a process folder with three files;
2. Compress the folder as a zip file;
3. Use Import an existing project and click Import project as;
4. Select the archived file and enter the project name (The name I entered is same as the project name, I'm not sure if it must be identical);
Then it loaded successfully.

All Replies
Five Stars

I tried put the .project and talend.project together with the process floder and compress them as a zip file. It has been imported but nothing appears on projects select panel

Hello,

How did you export your ETL project from previous edition? Did you follow up this document:TalendHelpCenter:Exporting a project to export your ETL project?

Could you please take a look at this document about:TalendHelpCenter:Importing projects to see if you import your ETL project?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Thanks reply. I have read these doc before, the project is export by the other one and all I got are the process folder with three files, a talend.project and a .project file. I put the .project file with other files together and then import them. But nothing appears on "select exists project" panel after imported. However, I could find the project in my workspace.
Five Stars

I found the solution and it's strange.
Solution:
1. The folder should have a .project file and a project folder, which include a talend.project and a process folder with three files;
2. Compress the folder as a zip file;
3. Use Import an existing project and click Import project as;
4. Select the archived file and enter the project name (The name I entered is same as the project name, I'm not sure if it must be identical);
Then it loaded successfully.

Hello,

Great it is fixed. Thanks for your feedback and sharing your solution here.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch