Four Stars

how to find all jobs using a given routine/method?

I was looking for a way to ask TOS Data Integration for all jobs using a specific routine method.

Let's say I have a 100+ jobs project with 10 custom routines with 10-20 static methods each. Those methods have been defined to support the execution of various jobs.

Now, how could I pick a method in one of those routines and get the list of all the jobs where such method is used?

I mean something halfway between the "call hierarchy" and the "References/Workspace" functions normally available in Eclipse, but applied to jobs.

3 REPLIES
Eleven Stars

Re: how to find all jobs using a given routine/method?

Either by right clicking on the routine and selecting "Impact analysis" (but I think this might only be available in the Enterprise Edition) or using the answer I detailed in this question ....

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Finding-all-references-to-job-in-tRunJob/m-p/...

Rilhia Solutions
Four Stars

rhall_2_0,

as you anticipated, the impact analysis is not available in the Talend Open Studio.

Apart from that, I know you can peek inside the source files of the jobs and look for the occurrences of specific fragments. Anyway, I was thinking of something more "embedded" into the tool, without forcing you to open the raw files "under the hood". I mean something that, for example, would allow you to browse the results and open the various jobs, where the routines are used.

Therefore, I will take your answer as a "no, there is no such a way in the free version of the tool". I will look into the trial of the commercial release.

Thanks!

Eleven Stars

Hi @paolo_selvini I think that will have to be the answer. However, the product is very big and I may have missed something because I do not need it.

However, it should be noted that Talend is an Open Source tool and as such it is not unusual for it to be used in unintended ways. I have found using Talend jobs to analyse the workspace VERY useful for auditing and finding code snippets, etc. It certainly shouldn't be considered "hacking". You just need to make sure you pre-emptively protect yourself.

That being said, I hope you enjoy playing around with the Enterprise Edition if you get a trial. It is a different tool and you may find my first suggestion will fill your requirement. Good luck.

Rilhia Solutions