how to filter the updated rows

hello everybody,

i'm trying to setup a talend job, this is my current situation:

I have an Oracle table A, let's say it is something like this:

ID NAME SURNAME AGE

P56 John    Smith          36

P67 Micheal Douglas    21

P78 Will     Samuelson  56

I also have a file B, which contains the entire table A data, updated to the latest version.

ID NAME SURNAME AGE

P56 John    Smithson    35        <-- updated row

P67 Micheal Douglas    21

P78 Will     Samuelson  56

I need to produce a new Oracle table C, containing only the rows that need to be updated (i dont need to consider additional rows or deleted rows).

So in this example, i need a table C containing only

ID NAME SURNAME AGE

P56 John    Smithson    35 

How can i do this? I'm currently trying in the following way:

a tMap which takes 2 inputs, the file and the table A, and goes out to the new table C, i joined the 2 inputs via inner join, using the ID as a key.

I tried to add a filter to table A, in order to select only the rows where some data has changed, but i'm still moving my first steps in Talend and i cannot understand how to do that, any hint?

thanks in advance

• Data Integration
3 REPLIES
Eleven Stars TRF
Eleven Stars

Re: how to filter the updated rows

In tMap, use a inner join between the table and the file based on all the fields.

Select the "Catch lookup inner join reject" option on the tMap output flow.

You'll get a the rows which are in the table and not in the file (new or modified).

If you want to identify news and deleted rows, you need to start with 2 tMap with join based on the Id field (1st with db as main and 2nd with file as main).

TRF
Eleven Stars TRF
Eleven Stars

Does this help you?

TRF
Six Stars

Hi rekotc,

here is another suggestion:

In tMap join tableA as main input with fileB as lookup on the ID field as you have done already.

In the Variable Panel, create a boolean variable "name_changed" which compares the column Name from tableA to the column Name of your fileB, returning true when they are different.

Repeat the last step for Surname and Age accordingly.

Create a boolean variable called "update_flag" which is true if any of the previous comparison results are true.

Use this update_flag in the filter section of your output, so only those rows with a change in some column(s) are sent to tableC.

Best regards,

Thomas