how to extract Zip Folder

Six Stars

how to extract Zip Folder

hello All..

is it possible to unzip a folder.....it is possible to unzip a file by using tFileUnarchive but if a folder containing many files is zipped then it is possible to unzip that folder?

plz help me as soon as possible.

Accepted Solutions
Sixteen Stars

Re: how to extract Zip Folder

Yes, you can do this. Try it out. You just need to point the archive file parameter to your file, set an extraction directory" and tick "extract file paths"

All Replies
Sixteen Stars

Yes, you can do this. Try it out. You just need to point the archive file parameter to your file, set an extraction directory" and tick "extract file paths"

Six Stars

Thanx for your response..

but that will extract a file.... I am asking to unzip a folder

Sixteen Stars

Try it. If you have zipped a folder, it unzips the entire folder.

Six Stars

Actually what it is doing like if my folder has 4-5 files.it will unzip folder show only a single file.

If my folder has sub folders then it will unzip folder and show only one file of each sub folder. 

Six Stars

hey now its working fine...thanx for your response

Sixteen Stars

I've just tried this to check what is happening on my system (v6.2.1). I can zip a folder structure with nested folders with multiple files in each of the nested folders, then unzip it back to the exact same state to a different location. Either this is a Talend bug introduced in a newer version or maybe fixed (if you are using an older version), or your zip file does not contain what you think it does.

Sixteen Stars

Can you set this to solved? It helps people find solutions if you accept a solution/answer that resolves your question.