One Star

how to create schema metadata for tFileInputMSXML ?

Hi,
I have a schema file (.xsd) which contains a complicated multiple level schema and nested loops. In order to use it, I created a XML metadata with it. But when I process the input XML file. I have to use tFileInputXML and create multiple ones for multiple schema and loops. To avoid this multiple tFileInputXML, I am trying to use tFileInputMSXML. But this metadata can not be used as an input for tFileInputMSXML. Is there a way to solve this ?
In other words, how to apply the schema (.xsd) file to a tFileInputMSXML ?
Thanks !
James
4 REPLIES

Re: how to create schema metadata for tFileInputMSXML ?

Hi,
So far, there is only File XML metadata for tFileInputXML and tExtractXMLField components.
In addition, we provide "generic schema" to user, once the specific metadata wizards don't match your needs .
TalendHelpCenterSmiley Frustratedetting up a Generic schema from a source xml file
If your needs is still unsatisfied , it is welcome to open a DI project of jira issue on TalendBugTracker.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks for your reply.
I was trying to use the Generic Schema as suggested, but I kept getting the error "Access to the data failure{0}
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'tns:vaultDepositFile'."
I did some research. I found it was the bug of Talend 5.2.2 which I was using.( https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-24503?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3... ).
Then I downloaded the fixed versions mentioned in the link, including 5.3.0 and latest one 5.3.1. But they all performed the same error.
I think my input xml is correct because I used the same in other components such as tFileinputXML, tfileinputMSXML. It worked fine with them.
Could you tell it is still a Talend bug or I used it in wrong way ? If it is not a bug, could you provide me a working sample XML with schema ?
Thanks
James

Hi,
Would you minding add a comment in this bug with your detailed situation(upload your input source is preferred), our developer will check it.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Yes, I have added a comment.
Thanks !
James