how to create schema metadata for tFileInputMSXML ?

One Star

how to create schema metadata for tFileInputMSXML ?

Hi,
I have a schema file (.xsd) which contains a complicated multiple level schema and nested loops. In order to use it, I created a XML metadata with it. But when I process the input XML file. I have to use tFileInputXML and create multiple ones for multiple schema and loops. To avoid this multiple tFileInputXML, I am trying to use tFileInputMSXML. But this metadata can not be used as an input for tFileInputMSXML. Is there a way to solve this ?
In other words, how to apply the schema (.xsd) file to a tFileInputMSXML ?
Thanks !
James

Re: how to create schema metadata for tFileInputMSXML ?

Hi,
So far, there is only File XML metadata for tFileInputXML and tExtractXMLField components.
In addition, we provide "generic schema" to user, once the specific metadata wizards don't match your needs .
TalendHelpCenterSmiley Frustratedetting up a Generic schema from a source xml file
If your needs is still unsatisfied , it is welcome to open a DI project of jira issue on TalendBugTracker.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks for your reply.
I was trying to use the Generic Schema as suggested, but I kept getting the error "Access to the data failure{0}
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'tns:vaultDepositFile'."
I did some research. I found it was the bug of Talend 5.2.2 which I was using.( https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-24503?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3... ).
Then I downloaded the fixed versions mentioned in the link, including 5.3.0 and latest one 5.3.1. But they all performed the same error.
I think my input xml is correct because I used the same in other components such as tFileinputXML, tfileinputMSXML. It worked fine with them.
Could you tell it is still a Talend bug or I used it in wrong way ? If it is not a bug, could you provide me a working sample XML with schema ?
Thanks
James

Hi,
Would you minding add a comment in this bug with your detailed situation(upload your input source is preferred), our developer will check it.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Yes, I have added a comment.
Thanks !
James

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Download