how to control data in oracle database

Four Stars

how to control data in oracle database

Hi everyone,

I have a table in oracle database 11g and I want to control the values using an excel reference document as input file. 

The excel file contains the fields, the operation to execute for each field and the result. 

For example, the field NUM in oracle database should exist in the table, for that, I have an excel file input that has as a first column the field in the database, the operation to execute (here it is EXIST) as a second column and the result to expect as column 3... and so on.

For each field I describe the control operations in the excel and I want to create a job that read the table and the excel file. 

Does anyone have an idea how to do it ?

Thanks in advance!

Employee

Re: how to control data in oracle database

Hi,

You are talking about dynamic ingestion of data to Oracle database. One of my colleagues has written an interesting article on this subject. Could you please check it out? You may have to make slight modifications based on your needs. But the idea remains same as in the article.

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Dynamic-ingestion-of-data-to-an-Oracle-databa...

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Four Stars

Thanks for your response. In fact, I know how to load data into a file. But my problem is that I have routines in my project. 

For example the routine that takes a string and return if it is null or not. I want to apply this routine to a specific field of the table in oracle database. 

But the problem is that for each field I have a specific routine to apply. 

I have in an excel file the name of the field and the routine to apply. So I want to map the field to its associate routine in Talend based on the excel file...

Employee

Hi,

You can do it programmatic manner using tjavarow. If your schema is confirmed, then you can preconfigure the routines within tjavarow and then do the verification. You can also check the capabilities of Talend's new product called Pipeline Designer which is much flexible in nature.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables