how to catch the error message of sub job at the outside father job.

One Star

how to catch the error message of sub job at the outside father job.

hi all
we are trying to finish a project which is prepared to take the place of sql server etl job . we have created the frame,and now what we should do is to replace the package which contains several store process. The jobs in one package is parallel. Now we meet a problem. If we want to catch the error message of each job ,we shuold set tLogCatcher at each subjob(one subjob is a sp). It's so complex,and not advisable. So how can we get the error of each subjob at the outer side of the general frame?
We have tried the 'die on child error ' check box , it just catch the jave error but no sql error.
any idea?

Thank you very much?
Joe

Re: how to catch the error message of sub job at the outside father job.

the tRunJob component will insert the error message into the globalMap on completion. Retrieve it with something like this:
(String)globalMap.get("tRunJob_1_ERROR_MESSAGE");
Take a look at the generated code to get the exact key.
SQL errors should throw a stack trace which will be pushed into the error message-- if you're still having issues, you may need to capture the sql error in the sub-job and then use a tBufferOutput to transfer it to the father.
One Star

Hi John
In fact I can't really get your meaning. Can you post some screenshots? Thank you very much .

Joe
One Star

Hi
I want to use the tLogCatcher, tWarn, tLogRow and tDie on my Job when it get fails. Can anyone please provide help on this. How to use these error catching components with already define components. And i also want to send the mail on the error caught in the logs.
Thanks
Sunil
Four Stars

There is a good tutorial which will help you to do what you are looking for...
http://www.talendforge.org/tutorials/tutorial.php?idTuto=31
Thanks
Vaibhav

Hi Joe
I have exact same requirement just wondering if you were able to achieve please let me know how did you achieve this I am also struggling to achieve.
Thanks
Syed