how to add a component to Talend

One Star

how to add a component to Talend

i downloaded a component from exchange but i am unable to attach that component to talend so please share your suggestions
Community Manager

Re: how to add a component to Talend

1. Unzip the archive file after downloading.
Copy the component folder "tFileOutputPDF". Note the directory structure here, the structure looks like:
tFileoutputPDF // copy this folder!!!
--- iText-2.0.8.jar
--- tFileOutputPDF_begin.javajet
--- tFileOutputPDF_end.javajet
--- other component's files
Paste the component folder to a folder (for example) "D:/myCustomComponent/" used to put all the custom components.
2. In Talend Studio, click Window in the toolbar, followed by Preferences, Talend, and then Component panel, browse the user component folder in which you have inserted the custom components.
3. Finally, click OK button. Talend Studio will reload all the components.
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

I am using Talend Open Studio 5.6. If the downloaded component is a zip file then your procedure works fine. But when the component is just a file then it does not show under palette. I downloaded tFileOutputPDF and tPDFToText. These are just a file and not a zip folder. Please help.
One Star

1. Unzip the archive file after downloading.
Copy the component folder "tFileOutputPDF". Note the directory structure here, the structure looks like:
tFileoutputPDF    // copy this folder!!!
   --- iText-2.0.8.jar
   --- tFileOutputPDF_begin.javajet
   --- tFileOutputPDF_end.javajet
   --- other component's files
Paste the component folder to a folder (for example) "D:/myCustomComponent/" used to put all the custom components.
2. In Talend Studio, click Window in the toolbar, followed by Preferences, Talend, and then Component panel, browse the user component folder in which you have inserted the custom components.
3. Finally, click OK button. Talend Studio will reload all the components.

I am using Talend Open Studio 5.6. If the downloaded component is a zip file then your procedure works fine. But when the component is just a file then it does not show under palette. I downloaded tFileOutputPDF and tPDFToText. These are just a file and not a zip folder. Please help.

Hi Yogesh Khurana,
Which browser are you using to download these custom components?
We can get compressed folders from Talend Exchange Portal.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I am using Chrome browser. For some of the components I am getting compressed folders and also working fine. But for rest of the cases I am getting just a single file. Thanks in advance!!!