One Star

how print a query for debugging

Hi to all.
I have an error writing into my AS400 db, but I can't find what's wrong in my job.
I tried to print the sql statement (System.out.println(((String)globalMap.get("tAS400Output_1_QUERY")))Smiley Wink but it's null.
How can I debug my job?
All fields have the same type and lenght.
Help me please.
Exception in component tAS400Output_1
java.lang.RuntimeException: Execution failure, there might be an error in your SQL syntax.
at cps_corsi.corsi_formazione_0_1.Corsi_Formazione.tMSSqlInput_1Process(Corsi_Formazione.java:3071)
at cps_corsi.corsi_formazione_0_1.Corsi_Formazione.tMSSqlConnection_1Process(Corsi_Formazione.java:701)
at cps_corsi.corsi_formazione_0_1.Corsi_Formazione.tRunJob_1Process(Corsi_Formazione.java:579)
at cps_corsi.corsi_formazione_0_1.Corsi_Formazione.runJobInTOS(Corsi_Formazione.java:5237)
at cps_corsi.corsi_formazione_0_1.Corsi_Formazione.runJob(Corsi_Formazione.java:5097)

Thanks

Gisella
3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: how print a query for debugging

Hi
I tried to print the sql statement (System.out.println(((String)globalMap.get("tAS400Output_1_QUERY")))wink but it's null.

It is normal, because we don't set a value to global variable globalMap.get("tAS400Output_1_QUERY"), so it is null.
If you know Java, you can go to the debug model and print the query.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Seven Stars

So can I ask why globalMap.get("tAS400Output_1_QUERY") exists at all if it's never populated? Is that the case for all tOutput components: that their tOutput_1_QUERY globalMap variable is not populated? (Also see this post).
One Star

Thanks Shong.
I printed the query as you show me, I filled and executed it manually: all works.
But still I have some talend exception
Exception in component tAS400Output_1
java.lang.RuntimeException: Execution failure, there might be an error in your SQL syntax.
at cps_corsi.corsi_formazione_0_1.Corsi_Formazione.tMSSqlInput_1Process(Corsi_Formazione.java:2134)
at cps_corsi.corsi_formazione_0_1.Corsi_Formazione.tAS400Connection_2Process(Corsi_Formazione.java:552)
at cps_corsi.corsi_formazione_0_1.Corsi_Formazione.tMSSqlConnection_2Process(Corsi_Formazione.java:3293)
I found that this error is throws when is used an existing connection.
Specifying the connection params all works well.
May be it's a bug? I'm using talend 3.2.2.
Gisella