how print a query for debugging

One Star

how print a query for debugging

Hi to all.
I have an error writing into my AS400 db, but I can't find what's wrong in my job.
I tried to print the sql statement (System.out.println(((String)globalMap.get("tAS400Output_1_QUERY")))Smiley Wink but it's null.
How can I debug my job?
All fields have the same type and lenght.
Help me please.
Exception in component tAS400Output_1
java.lang.RuntimeException: Execution failure, there might be an error in your SQL syntax.
at cps_corsi.corsi_formazione_0_1.Corsi_Formazione.tMSSqlInput_1Process(Corsi_Formazione.java:3071)
at cps_corsi.corsi_formazione_0_1.Corsi_Formazione.tMSSqlConnection_1Process(Corsi_Formazione.java:701)
at cps_corsi.corsi_formazione_0_1.Corsi_Formazione.tRunJob_1Process(Corsi_Formazione.java:579)
at cps_corsi.corsi_formazione_0_1.Corsi_Formazione.runJobInTOS(Corsi_Formazione.java:5237)
at cps_corsi.corsi_formazione_0_1.Corsi_Formazione.runJob(Corsi_Formazione.java:5097)

Thanks

Gisella
Community Manager

Re: how print a query for debugging

Hi
I tried to print the sql statement (System.out.println(((String)globalMap.get("tAS400Output_1_QUERY")))wink but it's null.

It is normal, because we don't set a value to global variable globalMap.get("tAS400Output_1_QUERY"), so it is null.
If you know Java, you can go to the debug model and print the query.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Seven Stars

So can I ask why globalMap.get("tAS400Output_1_QUERY") exists at all if it's never populated? Is that the case for all tOutput components: that their tOutput_1_QUERY globalMap variable is not populated? (Also see this post).
One Star

Thanks Shong.
I printed the query as you show me, I filled and executed it manually: all works.
But still I have some talend exception
Exception in component tAS400Output_1
java.lang.RuntimeException: Execution failure, there might be an error in your SQL syntax.
at cps_corsi.corsi_formazione_0_1.Corsi_Formazione.tMSSqlInput_1Process(Corsi_Formazione.java:2134)
at cps_corsi.corsi_formazione_0_1.Corsi_Formazione.tAS400Connection_2Process(Corsi_Formazione.java:552)
at cps_corsi.corsi_formazione_0_1.Corsi_Formazione.tMSSqlConnection_2Process(Corsi_Formazione.java:3293)
I found that this error is throws when is used an existing connection.
Specifying the connection params all works well.
May be it's a bug? I'm using talend 3.2.2.
Gisella

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Why Companies Move to the Cloud: 7 Success Stories

Learn how and why companies are moving to the Cloud