extra kit to install to execute a JAR/KAR file of a talend Job?

One Star

extra kit to install to execute a JAR/KAR file of a talend Job?

Hi,
I'm a newcomer to Talend Open Studio for ESB.
I've tried to develop multiple REST/SOAP services and to build the jobs into a OSGI Bundle in Talend Runtime Container, and all of these work well.
Howerver, here I have a question: Do I need to install some extra kits to execute the JAR/KAR file in another computer which doesn't install talend ESB? or a JVM/JRE is sufficient to let it work?
Waiting for your response! Thanks in advance!
Best regards,

Re: extra kit to install to execute a JAR/KAR file of a talend Job?

Hi,
So far, you can call Job script(.bat or .sh file) in another computer (java environment needed, JVM).
For .kar(karaf) file execution, you have to use karaf/Runtime container.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
I found some posts about this, but the problem is :
when the job includes a component "tRestRequest", I can only select the build type "OSGI Bundle" when I'm trying to "Build Job" according to the guide:  . What I can  get is just a Jar/Kar file... what can I do in order to export the job in the "autonomous job" type?
Thanks for your response!
Best regards,
One Star

hi,
seems the .kar files work for SOAP (WS) web services.
For REST services seems you should use the jar file, check the documentation https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Deploying+the+REST+service&content-lang=en
if it's not started by default, you may want to type a command into console:
install -s file:///path_to_your_jar_file

g.
One Star

Hi, gusto2!
Thanks for  your reply!
I do can excute a SOAP or REST talend job in the Talend Runtime container (Karaf), however, what I wanna know is, if I can export a executable file for Talend Job, then I can execute the file, by double click, in a computer which has JRE/JVM, just like the way we launch a normal jar file?
Do you have any ideas?
Regards,
Ying
One Star

Hi, gusto2!
Thanks for  your reply!
I do can excute a SOAP or REST talend job in the Talend Runtime container (Karaf), however, what I wanna know is, if I can export a executable file for Talend Job, then I can execute the file, by double click, in a computer which has JRE/JVM, just like the way we launch a normal jar file?
Do you have any ideas?
Regards,
Ying

Hello Ying
you can export the jobs themselves as executable in the zip archive, but not services. Exposed services are intended to run inside Talend Runtime (TESB_SE). You may distribute and run the runtime.
Gabriel
One Star

Hello Gabriel,
Thanks for your quick reply.
I agree with what you said, and that's the part which really frustrated me!
I kept on looking for a way to skip this limit and found nothing...
Ying