Employee

expression filter in tMap

Hello

I am trying build a job where a list of tables names are loaded from a csv file and for each loaded row a tMap component determines which database and schema to redirect.

tmap1.png

as you can see, the table names are loaded from the csv file, however the tMap is not performing the re-direction / filtering .

tmap2.png

So inside the tmap, I am trying to say:

If Schema equals 'IBCDM' AND Has_PK_Value equals "NO" then select the row which effectively will be the IBCDM output coming out of the tmap.

However the tMap component is not filtering the rows that match that condition.

I checked the data in the csv file and they do exist and also I debugged the job with tlogrow and I can see the data being loaded.

Am I doing something wrong ?

PS I also tried the following expressions

row11.Schema.equals("IBCDM")  && row11.Has_PK_Value.equals("NO") == 0   This gives syntax error

row11.Schema.equals("IBCDM")  && row11.Has_PK_Value.equals("NO") == true. This still does not filter rows

Thanks

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thirteen Stars TRF
Thirteen Stars

Re: expression filter in tMap

Set "catch output reject" to true when the filter is on the input (left) side of the tMap to catch the records which don't match with your filter.
Else, on the output side you may have as many output flows as desired with each its proper filter.

TRF
7 REPLIES
Thirteen Stars TRF
Thirteen Stars

Hi,

Try to uncheck the "Catch output reject" option.

TRF
Employee

tried it and still no output....

Fifteen Stars

Set the "Catch output reject" to false. There is no point to this setting since you only have one output. This option will work if you have more than 1 output and all it does is catch the records that were not output by the other output.

Edit: I see @TRF posted this.

My other guess would be that your expression....

row11.Schema.equals("IBCDM")  && row11.Has_PK_Value.equals("NO") == true

...is failing because of case sensitivity of your data. What does "Has_PK_Value" hold? What does "Schema" hold?

Rilhia Solutions
Employee

I tried that but still no output...:-(

Fifteen Stars

Can you copy and paste some of your file data so that we can see?

Rilhia Solutions
Employee

RESOLVED !

Thanks Guys, looks like the format of my CSV got screwed up somehow and it was not loading the data correctly into the schema.

Corrected the data and re-run and now I am able to load the whole file and filter works in the tMap:

tmap3.png

So one question, if I want to add additional outputs to the tmap that are based on a different conditions, then I will need to set the 'catch output reject' to TRUE for every output ?

Thanks

Thirteen Stars TRF
Thirteen Stars

Set "catch output reject" to true when the filter is on the input (left) side of the tMap to catch the records which don't match with your filter.
Else, on the output side you may have as many output flows as desired with each its proper filter.

TRF